Whiting-Luge 3-29

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by gigerrider, Mar 29, 2013.

1. gigerrider

gigerrider New Member

Mechanic/full time student
    I meet up with Ryandood a little after ten at the wahoos parking lot. Temps were cool and it seemed as though many cyclists had the same idea today. We took the portola to the main entrance Borrego. I hadn't been to Whiting in almost a year so I managed to get us lost a few times all in good fun though. After mustard we grabbed some water and tired to figure the correct way... I figured wrong we went past cactus the first time and ended up and the end of sleepy Hollow. Realizing my mistake we ventured back up to the top of mustard then down cactus, then after a few more wrong turns we were back at the cars. I offered to take ryan on another loop we hung out under the bridge for a few and he decided to bail. I went for a second loop and to do some extra credit Cattle pond loop and then up to Marks bench.
    891958_590263200984366_1618135903_o.jpg
    Up at marks bench I ran into another SSer so I decided to join him on his descent back to wahoos he showed me some more fun trails. Don't remember his name but he is a STR lurker on a Kona Unit with Manitou tower pro! I was still feeling good so decided to go again when I got to the top of mustard some guy came flying over the hill and I figured Id ask him if he knew how to get the the luge, he pointed me in the right direction and I was off. Temps got up to 99.8 according to my garmin when I stopped to take this pick
    541_zps59c1735c.jpg
    I continued on to the Flag
    526608_590294294314590_1258245019_n.jpg
    I couldnt find my writing in from last time so I signed in again. Anyway great day for a ride. heres the strava
    http://app.strava.com/activities/46395700

2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Uhhhh, 1 - that's a lot of riding, did you say three times up Mustard and then up to the Luge? and 2 - your temperature gauge on your Garmin is waaaay off, unless it was measuring body temp.

3. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

Damn Andre you sir are a beast

4. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
    that's it? dude slumming it today huh? you need to ride more

5. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    Too bad we didn't hook up this am, I could've shown you around whiting/luge once, twice or thrice:) on my little ride there today....maybe next time!

6. gigerrider

gigerrider New Member

Mechanic/full time student
    I had to leave abruptly I finished my RR with the strava included. I was cooler most other spots but at the top of that E.C. it was hot!. Clyde we will ride again its been a while. I want to do Holy jims to trabuco again maybe we will ride then