Where should I watch the tour de CA?

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by sauce, Feb 23, 2007.

1. sauce

sauce New Member

Dissertation writing
    Home Page:
    So I want to watch the tour de california on saturday. Does anybody know where I should go to watch it?

oh, it'll be in the afternoon ...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  2. Chopper

Chopper The Ancient One

Retired
    I'm driving up to Santa Clarita (Magic Mountain). When they come into town there, they will be doing a couple of laps before the finish so it should be a good place to watch. If you go out on the road between Santa Barbara and Santa Clarita you just get to see them ride past once.
    There is also a women's criterium in the moring and some other festival type stuff going on.

3. 0gravity

0gravity New Member

Editor, Windpower Monthly (trade magazine)
    Oh-oh... Sauce, you're talking about roadie stuff, you might ruffle some feathers. [-X (see the recent site feedback thread if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Anyway, to your question...I highly recommend a very scenic, short and curvey hill climb just outside Ojai -- if you're willing to drive a bit farther. It's just after they blast into town, on the road between Ojai and Santa Paula, called 150, and well before they get to Santa Clarita. I'd suggest driving into Ojai via 101, and 33 at least a few hours before they are slated to get there.

Actually, on second thought, I've got some directions for some good mtn biking in Ojai. I might go up there tomorrow with my GF to ride in the morning and then catch the riders going through on that hill in the early afternoon. Call 603-801-1635 if you want to meet up for either.