When to Go to the Hospital...

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by freefallman, Aug 23, 2009.

1. bwolmarans

bwolmarans The perfect look.

Sorry about your friend. And yes I'm sure Whistler can't deal with everything, for example, they probably don't have a full surgery theatre but neither does Mammoth.

I have an old friend who broke their neck in whistler and got pretty prompt care on-site and in Vancouver.

I broke my wrist and clavical, and they gave me the best treatment I've ever had anywhere there. No I didn't have to wait a week.

OK rant over .... I just can't handle people posting stuff that's total bs it dimishes the integrity of STR :beer:

2. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    My point was that it is crazy that Whistler, being a premier resort, had no cat scan machines. When you have such a high risk for injuries, that is unheard of.

In Big Bear, where the town and resorts are 1/10 the size of Whistler, they have a small hospital right across the street from Snow Summit that has all the machines necessary to diagnose the type of injuries you'd see from skiing or biking. When I got my concussion there, it literally took me like 20 minutes and I was sitting in the cat scan machine.

3. YakityYak

YakityYak Is

Whenever there's an "if" or "maybe", GO.

you were obviously hurt, writing air instead of err.

4. Congo Kid

Congo Kid Middle Aged Wannabe MTB'r

Commercial Real Estate Executive
    bwolmarans: I'm not kidding. My folks lived in Quebec for 7 years on a clergy salary. Yet, they always came to the US and paid full fee to get dental and medical stuff done.

Furthermore, the head Doctor of the Country's committee on medical care has stated (paraphrase) that the current system stinks, and wants to change it.

Also, check out this video of undercover guys trying to get a possible broken or sprained wrist looked at. Socialized medicine = rationed care. For a government that can't run the postal service, has bankrupted medicare, social security has no "trust fund", and spends 84 cents of every dollar for welfare on administration, sorry, but I can't believe it'll be better. I've had 2 friends with no jobs and no money and no insurance and MAJOR medical issues, and they got their treatments, care, operations, etc. Nobody in this country, legal or illegal gets treatment denied.

So no, I wasn't kidding.

Check this out: http://www.pjtv.com/video/Louder_Wi...CanadaCareWill_ObamaCare_Be_Any_Better?/2153/

5. freefallman

freefallman New Member

PhD Student (ie. peon)
    Home Page:

Doc said that I had "an unremarkable brain" and that I should be fine but to come in immediately should I start getting confused, dizzy, sleepy for no reason etc. They also told me no aspirin or alcohol which was tough news given that Saturday was my birthday. I had the headache through last night but it's gone now. The diagnosis was minor head trauma.

Clearly. :)

6. kliffwalker

kliffwalker New Member

You must of hit hard!....Smart $ says get it checked out 2 be on the safe side

7. KingDorito

KingDorito New Member

Agreed. If the helmet was just scuffed up or something like that, you were probably all right, but considering the force of the blow cracked the thing, you were right to check yourself in.

ps.....an "unremarkable brain," hehe.....nothing personal, but, that is kind of funny to me.

8. CalEpic

CalEpic member

This is not a thread about Canadian or socialized healthcare. Keep it on topic please.