what cycling did to my husband!

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by antonee, May 19, 2008.

1. PacMan

PacMan New Member

I totally get where you are coming from. I let my wife know that I plan on riding and she does the same if she's got something going on. It's not "asking" but it's not like I "inform" her either. It's a mutual love and respect thing. But, my wife would never make me feel like i had to "ask".

What I was referring to, were those who actually have to ask if they can do something. My dad has to ask my mom permission to go on a ride or do anything that doesn't involve her. I have seen it time and time again with other people as well. Recently, I asked a buddy if he could ride in the presence of his wife. The FIRST thing he did was look to her. She gave him a stern look and he turned to me and said, "Sorry I can't." I am not exaggerating at all--that's how it went down.

I believe the Latin word for this condition is "whipped".

2. bobzrag

bobzrag bonedaddy

another: Vacations are planned around what riding is available in the area!

It's funny because we'll be driving around and my wife is shaking her head because I'm looking for trails to ride on when we pass hills

To PacMan's point - it's a relationship with give & take (especially with kids) - for example this weekend my daughter has a soccer tournament all three days, so I said to my wife you take her on Sat, I'll go for a ride, then I'll hit the fields on Sunday and you do your thing (probably shopping ;) ) and then Monday we'll both go for the semi's & hopefully finals

3. mouse jockey

mouse jockey i can't type the letter s

molecular researcher
    Yea, hence my qualifier "good" in the phrase "good marriages". (not trying to cast judgement on your 'rents) :wave:

4. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Oh, no worries. My dad is whipped. That's no big secret.;)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

5. TrojanInsomniac

TrojanInsomniac Active Member

DPT student
    I used to hear that same thing with the last girl I dated. She shut up when I asked her, "you looking for another Hermes handbag again?" That relationship, for obvious reasons, didn't last too long!

6. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

Yep, 12 & 18 for me :).

Also, my ex would've never been ok with me riding with the guys whether it was 2 or 20, which is why I like my current one much better ;). It's a matter of consideration, not permission and to know the difference and trust someone is the separation between ex and current.