"Webb Cayon To Be Shut Down"....!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 27tat27, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Wow..... Thats BAD..... Bro I hate to be one to be negative, but after an incident like that, I would think its now a total lost cause.

I will ask, if it was an STR Member, please own up to it, and issue a public apology, I am going to CC this post to other sites and say the same thing.

This now brings us to a new point, if you guys go ride Webb, be extra carefull, its now the two legged animals you have to worry about. My money will be on the people that are out ther cleaning up the land just might be armed after an incident like this. Nervous people like that equal Dead people.

2. 27tat27

27tat27 Two Wheels One Pilot

Offroad fabricator
    Ya i hope that it mite but it is lookin BAD...now...and i dont want to get shot at cuz some dumd a$$ punk...it is priv prop...so they do have the right to shoot...
    "I THINK".....
    and on the closeing note it was a MB ridder that shut it down for good...if i still cant do anything...
    My work gets harder....but i dont care ill go down fighting...

[​IMG] you cant ride here......

3. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I would expect to see the Police out there everyday now and also expect to see people being charged with felony trespassing with intent to do damage and/or bodily harm.

I would say that we should keep out at all costs from this point on, let them catch the little shit that did this, then all of us help come down on them as a whole as the cycling community, might be our only saving grace here now.

4. MacGuyVer

MacGuyVer Member.. You Member

super secret..? ..not so secret ;)

I've only referred to it as SSDH here on the STR with my tongue firmly planted in check, as anyone who has ridden there knew it as Webb Canyon :rolleyes:

I believe that keeping any trail a secret is weak to be honest. It reminds me of the lame localism you see at popular surf spots and would hate to see that kind of territorialism adopted by the MTB community :protest:

5. 27tat27

Offroad fabricator

if you only heard the talks ive had and the list of things im gunna try to do and help the place ...you mite get a little personal too...sorry if i took it wrong...hope you acceped my apology.....

[​IMG] Tommy

6. sickboy433

sickboy433 New Member

local 433 union ironworker
    GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT I'M GETTING F*@#ing ROAD BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

7. davidB

davidB Active Member

I <3 Nancy [​IMG]

8. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Google earth displays the trails, your so right McGyver...

9. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

The legitimacy of Webb has always been questionable, and the moderators have simply followed the site's policy in keeping names of such trails off the boards. Same deal with some of the Laguna legacy trails.

Although the place has become very popular and "everbody knows what we're talking about," the policy doesn't just go out the window. The mods have guidelines they're charged with following, and they're doing pretty good with what they've got.

That said, in light of recent developments, what we call the place seems rather irrelevant. I for one thank 27tat27 for his efforts, and for the sake of all who enjoy riding those trails--myself most definitely included--wish him the best of luck.

10. TKCastle

TKCastle New Member

Designer
    This thread is full of bitching and moaning, lets organize trash day stuff. "Maybe we can wash the neighbors cars and they will like us again" or "I got a lawn mower, we can cut some lawns, like an olive branch type of peace sign".

When is someone gonna say " lets pick-up some shovels and build a new place". A few people started moving dirt at Webb, building features there and I know for a fact they don't post on these boards because they don't care.

You say you were riding here longer then any one? Really? I live in the area and I never see any STR's out there 3+ years ago up until last year. It was locals that started building the place( not the ones that race at southridge or are members here) under cover of darkness (yes in the night). They didn't care who came out to ride it or what you called it they are just MTBers that want to push their riding.

It was the allure of giving it some stupid name in post's and video's that created the attention that brought the crowds. This lead to the point at where you are at today.

I wrote the place off two years ago, I have other places to ride in the area. You found a carcass killed by another animal and now your growling with teeth showing saying " stay back it's mine". Please! Pick-up some shovels and make it happen thats what the OG guys did, they didn't need to post on the boards about it or organize mass "Put the neighborhood back in our good grace's" car washes.

If your don't get your magic markers and poster boards stocked up. I here they have sponges for cheap at Wal-Mart.

11. mxcraze

mxcraze Member

General Contractor
    Webb Canyon

I heard that someone is trying to close Webb Canyon. I rode it today and someone flattened all jumps at the bottom and posted no trespassing signs. Isn't it a part of the National Forest?:?:

12. davidB

davidB Active Member

13. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    This is the internet where nobody can see your tongue or cheek. Those not in on the joke had a different impression of SSDH, including "lame exclusionism".

14. whayong

whayong New Member

I'm slow, what was your point again?

15. mxcraze

mxcraze Member

General Contractor
    Lets try to solve this issue not make it worse!!

16. 27tat27

Offroad fabricator

10/4 on that...!!!!

no from the power lines down its privite...
    and still rideable but use with caution...the cops are involved now....as I can tell...fromy the high tek senitive info i have received....

17. zee zee

zee zee Member

Automotive detailer

TKCastle is right, what have we done to put our selfs back on the good side of locals. 27tat27 is being more then generous with his time to help save the trails. my buddy mike(a fellow explorer)he always use the example,
    "you wanna get hired in the department get your self know in the department. you help fireman A and Proe B wash a fire truck, then one day when they get put on the hiring bord and your name comes up. well by the time fireman A is now fire cheif A and probe B is now fireman B. So hell you got guys tht owe u 1 now and know you vers the other guy they dont."
    how hard is it relly to get a 3 or 4 guys go around up there and say "ooh hay my name is ------ and ride over there and they wanna shut down our trails. i was wondering if i could get u to sign our petition and in exchange well wash your car or walk your dog or pick up alll the dog mush in your back yard"
    Relly ill through in the soap if we need to and ill go out and help, i got a load of car washing stuff. i mean how much harm can it do. if we fail ----:?:---well lets wait till we get there carma is a b*ch

18. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    His Point: Stop whining, grab a shovel and go build some illegal stunts on someone else's property or Forest Service land.

Any trail worth riding will not stay hidden for long. We all are guilty of wanting to show our friends the new goods. To begin with we pickup our bikes and carry them thru the bushes to keep the trail from being found. That only works for awhile then that can be seen riding by or looking at Google Earth. It is just the nature of building stuff on the low down. As I said before Webb was born to fail, we all got a good run out of it. The bigger issue here is the total lack of a bike/skills park in So-Cal. If I really thought it was a viable business I would lease some land and do it.

Dean

19. live_in_hilo@yahoo.com

[email protected] hilo boi

hvac
    god damn, guilty as charged! i just started riding there last year and im one of the idiots who posted vids.#-o#-o#-o btw, wheres the other spots that you ride around there? j/k, but not really. no one wanted to show me where webb was so i just looked at google maps and panned the area and looked for shadow bumps. thats how i found it just like i find other spots. so it really isnt that hard to find "secret spots" its a bummer that webb is getting shut down and kudos to 27tat27 for speaking on everyones behalf. i think im going to start a secret trail mission. so when or if it ever gets done ill pm the area and everyone can google map it.

20. whayong

whayong New Member

Cool! Thanks! #-o Just didn't want to put words in somebody else' mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.