Walking my bike around Fullerton Loop

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Victan, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gimme

gimme Member

Semi Retired
    lol, that was a sweet little video. 2nd crash was the first place I crashed at turnbull. Very nice of those guys to help you out on the first crash lmao.

2. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
    no shame in walking your bike. i've been riding for a little over a year still walk my bike quite a bit.

3. Victan

Victan New Member

3P Wellness Center in Santa Fe Springs
    I'll be walking my bike again this Saturday at 10am if anyone wants to join me, hit me up...

4. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    HAB just goes with the terrain. The gravity dudes HAB everything. I have a motto to never quit a climb until forced out. That does not always work, but it is always my goal.
    Happy Trails

5. coldbrews

coldbrews Former Fat Guy

Electrician
    Hey Vic!

Welcome aboard.

6. Drewbaca

Drewbaca Member

Cable Guy
    First of all, Welcome!! No shame in walking. When I first started, I almost threw up and passed out my first time on the loop. (I do have McGuyver to thank for loaning me a single speed bike for my first time.) You will get better and stronger each time you go out. Push yourself just a little bit more every time you ride. Then you'll notice that it's not so bad. You've taken the first step, by getting out there. Now don't get discouraged. There's a lot of great people on this site, that will give you good advice, feedback, and support. So, once again, Welcome and hope to see you on the trails!!

7. irv_usc

irv_usc Active Member

Welcome. i just switched to clipless pedals... it takes a lot pf getting used to...

8. zerogravity

zerogravity (R.I.P.) Lets Ride!!!!

Graphic Designer, Track owner
    Home Page:
    Vic, Catek and I were there at 10am and didn't see you...had a ride report here. http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/ride-reports/61865-another-successful-newbie-ride.html

I
    am getting a few Newbie friends together this Saturday at 7:30am for a slow paced ride at the Fully Loop. We have found that starting later the trails start to get crowded with walkers and equestrians so we go earlier to avoid running into them. Come on out, its cooler and you will be riding with like-skilled riders! I have a SIlver Ford Focus..look for me!

9. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

I was having a particularly difficult day climbing out of Emerald Canyon. Really huffing and puffing and when I got to Bommer I stopped and sat down in the shade.
    A nice guy riding along Bommer asked if I needed anything, to which I replied "Just a new heart" and he said "OK" and rode off.
    30 seconds later he came back and said "you were just kidding, right?" He said he would never have forgiven himself had he read about a biker having a heart attack on Bommer that day.

10. so cal shaggy

so cal shaggy New Member

Food purchaser
    If you ever need a buddy to ride the loop give me a shout, I ride it every day after work. No shame in walking we all have had to or still have to, at least you get out and try.

11. boxedlp

boxedlp New Member

health care
    i use to do that a lot(fall) my problem was looking at the trail directly in front of my tire thats why i made a lot of mistakes, look 5-7 feet ahead of you and you will react better. takes a lot of geting used to but you will eventually look farther than that later on.

And I still walk!!!!