Veterans Roll call

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Kevin949, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Kevin949

Kevin949 Member

OK for veterans day and Marine corp birthday lets have a roll call for the Vets . Name your branch of service , unit and years served . Me , A 1/11 1st Marine Div 1984 - 1988 Semper Fi

Attached Files:

2. Blue Rat

Blue Rat F.O.G.R.

Military Analyst
    Branch: US Navy
    Last Unit: Assault Craft Unit 5
    Years Served: 1982 - 2008.

Attached Files:

3. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
    Army

1981-1984 1st Ranger Battalion
    2001-2002 8th Army
    2002-2005 49th PAD/82nd Airborne Division

[​IMG]

Grenada - October 1983

[​IMG]

Iraq - April 2003

Currently riding across the U.S. for the Wounded Warrior Project. Journal at: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5841

[​IMG]

4. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    For all you Vets out there, there are a number of restaurants out there offering free food on veteran's day, November 11th. (As well as other stores discounting stuff)

Veterans Day 2009 Freebies for US Military: Krispy Kreme, Applebees

Veteran's Day 2009 is November 11 and there are a variety of great freebies for the men and women who have served our country or are still enlisted. Free Krispy Kreme's free doughnuts, free meals at Applebee's, UNO's, McCormick & Schmick's and free entry into many parks and museums top the list of great deals for the deserving members of the US Military on Veteran's Day.

Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation is honoring America's service men and women on Veterans Day by giving away free doughnuts to all veterans and active military personnel. Veterans and active military personnel are invited to visit any participating U.S. Krispy Kreme store on Veterans Day, November 11, and enjoy one free doughnut of any variety.
    "Krispy Kreme is delighted to offer free doughnuts as a small gesture to thankthe dedicated men and women who have served, or are currently serving in the armed forces," said Ron Rupocinski, corporate chef for Krispy Kreme.

Applebee's is honoring the U.S. Military by offering veterans and active a free entree on Veteran's Day, November 11. With proper identification, veterans and active military personnel will enjoy a free signature entree at any Applebee's on Wednesday November 11th in recognition for their honorable service.

McCormick & Schmick's Veterans Appreciation Event will be held at participating McCormick & Schmick's restaurants on November 8, 2009. Veterans will be able to choose a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée on November 8. Some of the mouth-watering selections include Cashew-Crusted Tilapia, Grilled Atlantic Salmon, Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo and Cedar-Planked Salmon. See mccormickandschmicks.com for a list of participating restaurants.

Masala Wok restaurants in Northern VA are offering a free entree and thanks to all US veterans and active duty military this Veterans Day. All active duty and veterans will eat free during regular business hours. Veterans and active duty with proof of United States military service will be able to go to one of the two Masala Wok's in VA and select one complimentary entrée from the regular full menu.

UNO Chicago Grill will offer all members of the Military, both veterans and active duty, to enjoy a free entree or individual pizza with the purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value.
    No coupon is necessary. Veterans or active Military can either show up in uniform, or with a picture of themselves in uniform, or with a Military or veteran's ID.

Colonial Williamsburg is offering free admission to veteran's and their families. Active duty military, guard and reservists, retirees, veterans and their dependents enjoy free admission passes Friday through Wednesday, Nov. 6-11, 2009. Colonial Williamsburg ticket prices range from $18 to $36 dollars, so this is an incredible deal for military families.

The 10th Annual Connecticut Veterans Day Parade is held on Sunday, November 8 at 1 p.m. The event is one of the largest in the country, drawing more than 25,000 spectators and featuring 40 veteran's groups. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the nearby Wadsworth Atheneum is offering free admission for currently-serving military personnel and veterans.

All national parks and forests are free to veterans and military personnel on Veterans Day, November 11. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the department will not charge entrance fees on Wednesday, November 11, 2009.

"Visitors to public recreation lands managed by the National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation are invited to take a day to honor and reflect on what our service men and women have done to maintain our freedom and keep peace around the world," according to Salazar.

Look in your local paper for more local events, parades and free entry into many venues for the military on Veteran's Day 2009.

In addition Lowes, HomeDepot, & Bass Pro Shops is giving 10% discounts
    Auto Zone around here gives vets 10% everyday, You never know until you ask who will give you a discount - speak up

5. Brewtal

Brewtal Squirrel Whisperer

Checkin in for my bud SSGT. Allan Walker KIA April 6, 2004 while in Al Anbar Province, Iraq with 2/4 Echo
    Former DI at MCRD San Diego and now currently serving:

"If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By United States Marines."

Semper Fi brother, you are missed! And thank you to all our vets checking in here, welcome home and thank you for your service and sacrifice!! :beer:

Attached Files:

6. fastpassu

fastpassu Addict

USMC
    2002-2006
    Marine Barracks 8th and I (yep all 4 here...damn!!)

Attached Files:

7. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
  8. Jayman

Jayman Member

Bootcamp 89 (Damn, I wish I was that skinny again). MAG-46, MALS-46; "I" Level Comm/Nav; MCAS Camp Pendleton and El Toro 1990 - 1996. Unfortunatley I was a reservist puke. I'm still kicking myself for not going active duty. Semper Fi.

Attached Files:

9. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    SPC Troy Mosley
    U.S Army Infantry
    Operation Iraqi Freedom March 2004- March 2005
    FOB Kalsu, Baghdad, Iskandaria, Basra, MSR Tampa, Tallile air base.

I spent a year all over that country.

Edit to add my favorite picture of myself. :bang:

Attached Files:

10. keoke526

keoke526 New Member

Navy
    18 years and 4 months, Navy, at ACU-5 on Camp Pendleton. Still dealing with blue rat and going for the big 30 before I retire.

If you really want to thank a veteran, just say it and shake their hand. The small gestures mean the most.

11. slayer

slayer New Member

4 years, 1990-1994, U.S. Navy, Stationed out of Long Beach aboard the USS Cayuga LST 1186. Originally from Indiana, stayed here after my service.

12. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

I'm not a vet, so I can't sound off on that note. But those who are, simply, "Thank you."

13. Kevin949

Kevin949 Member

Did my first West Pac on the Cayuga in 85 , that flat bottom piece of S%#t just rolled and listed , but had a great time .

14. jonathan_sykes81

jonathan_sykes81 GET FORMULA

Military
    Currently at 7.5 years. Navy, Aviation Electrician's Mate 2nd Class, stationed at HSC-3, NASNI. Been all over the world, seen amazing things and met amazing people.

15. The_Pharoh

The_Pharoh New Member

Defense Contractor
    US Navy
    Avionics Tech
    Last Squadron VQ-1

2000-2008

16. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Hardcore Marine Corps 91 thru 97

Units, 1/3 Weapons Company, Marine Secuirity Guard Bn, Fox Co. American Embassy Accra Ghana, and Golf Co. American Embassy Zagreb Croatia. 1/9 Weapons Co. 2/1 Weapons Co. 1/1 Weapons Co...

See you at the Flag raising on the Luge on Wednesday...

1st pic is of myself amongst graduating class 4-94 Marine Diplomatic Security Battalion Quantico VA,

2nd pic is Okinawa Northern Training Area, bodybuilding days.

3rd pic is Camp Pendleton, bodybuilding days.

Attached Files:

17. autoduel

autoduel sandbagger

Architecture
    USMCR
    Comm Center Operator
    Headquarters Company , 23rd Marines 93-94
    6th Motor Transport Battalion 94-96

18. slayer

slayer New Member

That's awesome! You'll be happy to know that the Cayuga is now being leased to the Brazilian Navy. I was part of the Decom crew in 94. I was an Electrician so we had to train the Brazilians on how everything operated.

19. Kish Me

Kish Me DH'r in a rigid 9'rs body

Home Theater Design- DLP Consulting, Inc.
    Home Page:
    I think we need a "Thank all Responses" button.
    God Bless America's bravest! :clap:

Can I post for my Dad? Army / Vietnam

20. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    God Bless all that have served this country. We love you all!