Vaguely remember something about a chopper

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by RustyIron, Nov 18, 2007.

1. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you heal quickly.

Have you heard the joke: Does your face hurt?...

C

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I tried to use your pic for wallpaper on my work PC, but one of the ladies called it obscene ( I know you're not Don Juan, but obscene?,really) anyways they made me change it back to STjunkie's face plant.
    Sorry to hear (and see) about your mishap, but looks like no permanent damage. How long before you can get back on the bike?

Heal quick and take care.

3. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    Ouch. Those are nasty pics. Glad you have the sense of humor to laugh at yourself. That shows you are healing already.

4. mazer75

mazer75 New Member

Jesus man! I hope you feel better and recover fully and quickly! Sounds like you must be a in a lot of pain right now though :(

5. kentonn

kentonn Rage against the Mods

I hope that you are feeling better. I know what it is like to take a good spill but you being the over achiever that you are took it to a much higher level. Also want to extend a thumbs up to your wife. This must not have been so easy for her either. Hope you are still able to enjoy Thanksgiving and hope that you heal quickly and well.

BTW, has anything come back to you? Do you have any ideas on what events lead to this accident?

6. RustyIron

RustyIron Rob S.

Home Page:
    Anyone can be as good as they choose to be. Sadly, many of us are too stubborn to admit that there are things that one should NOT be good at. Just to add one more point to the scorecard, I just got back from the doc and he said there's a broken finger. The plastic surgeon will throw in his two cents on Monday, so maybe I'll end up better looking than when this started.

Yes, she's awesome. I don't know why she puts up with my foolishness. She must see SOMETHING redeeming within this gray haired conquistador of the useless -- a compulsive addict of the absurd.

Only the wreckage. Maybe you experts can interpret. Right now I'm not in a picture taking mood. My old Rolf wheel is split at a spoke hole. I would think this is the origin of the catastrophe.

The brakes are rim brakes and there was wear on the side of the rim. Could the rims have been too thin?

The Rolf wheels are light and have fewer spokes than most. Lately I've been charging hard into the corners. Could I have been pushing the wheels too hard?

Or do wheels just sometimes break after a while?

I want to analyze this to the Nth degree to minimize the chance of it happening again.

7. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    When you feel like posting the pics of your rig and wheels, I'm sure you will be able to get many opinions on the origin of the problem. Whatever the cause, I think this means you need a nice new bike in a few months. That's always fun.

8. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant
    Wow! I just looked at your pictures! You my friend are very lucky (I know your not thinking that right now) Just another reason to be thankful today!

Big kudos to your wife! I've been on the other side, following the ambulance in my car just freaking out...Of Course holding it together for the face time with hubby, because that's what you do!I will admit it was hard to see him get back on the bike - but again know it's his passion and he needed to.

Be well and my wishes to you for a speedy recovery! Give your wife a big hug from me!

9. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Rob, I'm so sorry you got hurt... Chino and Fully Loop are both cursed. They seem like harmless trails, but can wreck you when you least expect it.

Hope to see you back on the trail soon!

10. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    That's not TOO bad!! :?: You still look like a man at least! And whatta man!!! :lol:
    Heal quick. Honestly, it's not that bad. :bang: I mean, of course it's bad but your'e here and able to coherently relate to people and drink beer from a straw. Blender up some turkey and stuffing and thank your lucky stars!!

11. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Broken grasshopper...

So very sorry to hear about the accident... been there and done that myself and NEVER want to ride in a helicopter again! Funny thing about the mind.. it protects itself .. same thing happened to me when I fell off a 70 foot cliff on Strawbeery Peak... don't remember anything about the fall ... just waking up at the bottom wondering who I was. Perhaps we can put together what happened from the conidtion of the bike... but, then again, maybe not.

Here's the positive: it could have been worse... you could have ended up with a broken neck annd never walked again (like Tara)... or worse.. Dead. It just wasn't your time yet. You have things to do yet ... and some might say, you hae a ngel sitting on your shoulder. Whatever, take this time to love your wife (she's put up with a lot from you) and love your friends... you have a lot of them out there! :wave: