USADA now after Lance

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Pain Freak, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    While I'm inclined to agree, I'm also inclined to consider that all ol Crazy Eyes has left of his career is the sale of a book admitting what a screwup he is. Nicole can write a book if she wants. I can do the work I love the rest of my life. Not sure I'm envious.

2. Danimal

Danimal Gary the Cat

Cheating or not, the Tour was a level playing field as it seems all or almost all used PED's.

Ride on....

3. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    Only a level playing field for the cheats

4. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

5. thebeast64

thebeast64 Member

Everyone at the top was doping. If you wanted a shot at winning any professional bike race, you doped. It was the culture, deplorable to be sure, but it was and may possibly still be, the culture and you cannot deny it.

Face it. Lance was doping and he beat all of the other dopers. Does that mean he was taking stronger stuff? Possibly, but I doubt it. Id wager he was just mentally stronger.

6. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

7. maximililian

maximililian You Sneaky Cork-Soaker!

Owner of "Club Moronie" the finest fargin legit es

What??????? You are saying "everyone cheated"??? More accurately MOST got CHEATED BY the dopers.

The dude cheated, lied, cheated, cheated and lied....then SUED people who told the truth, thus trying to ruin their lives. Yet, some people are still sniffin that jock. sick!

8. XTC29er

XTC29er New Member

They all cheated, might still be cheating. Armstrong was the best of the cheaters. You basically had to take PED just to keep up in the Peleton. Get over it.

9. CarlS

CarlS Member

just watched some of the news & videos about his confession. I don't understand what he has to gain from confessing. It looks like it is going to cost him a bunch of money as the people, newspapers, etc that he had sued are now going to come back and sue him for their money back. Where does he go from here?

Leave it to Lance to get people to watch stuff. I have never cared for or watched a minute of Oprah before this interview.

10. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    If the justification for cheating is they all cheated why have any rules at all? Why not then cheat any way you can to get ahead.

Here are some great cheating strategies that will help you succeed in life
    1- PEDS
    2- Bribery
    3- kidnap competitors or someone close to them
    4- Blackmail
    5- overinflate financial
    6- Cut the course
    7- Have someone knock down or block competitors during race
    8- Injure competitors to avoid fair competition ( Tonya Harding, too bad she got caught)
    9- Poison your rivals
    10- Food poison your rivals (Kobe Bryant Sac Town)
    11- Tamper with rivals bikes so they crap out
    12- Pay off your rivals so that you win
    13- Have someone put nails on race course.
    14- Have someone else race for you that is better than you (works better with a full face helmet)
    15- Sell your soul to Satan
    16- Hire goons to ruff up your rivals
    17- Hire a good liar, Do!, I mean lawyer
    18- Pay off competitors mechanics to tamper with their bikes

Oh, don't forget to tell your kids to cheat on their tests, homework since other kids cheat also

11. Topaz

Topaz New Member

If this was China that would be an accurate how-to guide. Oh but this is Murica where we play by the rules. How many baseball players where inducted this year?

12. jcampbell

jcampbell going Gods speed since 75

Believer, Husband and Father.
    Home Page:
    Guilt is one of the toughest things to live with. To me it looks like he is trying to cheat guilt just as he's cheated at other things.

13. XTC29er

XTC29er New Member

L.A. will at some point go on the record with the authoritize about the people above him that knew and supported the PED's. These being UC! folks, team management, etc. Why not Levi and George did and they only got a slap on the face. 6 month supension. It will be up to USADA to dig further to determine who really is at fault. If the governing body knew and supported this environment that would really be a sad situation. Consider how much the sport of cycling has grown in the US because of L.A.
    Kind of makes you wonder who really is the biggest D-Bag. The guy that made a few million or the guys that made 100's of millions.

14. rjcsocal

rjcsocal Member

15. Erik MM

Erik MM simulacrum

mtb threads
    Home Page:
  16. chupacabra

chupacabra New Member

Cheating is bad enough. Lying over and over about it and calling out other people that were being truthful...its hard for me to have any respect for a guy like that. What a douche. He couldn't control anyone else's choices. He couldn't keep others from cheating, but he could have controlled his own actions.

The real heros in all this...... the guys we haven't heard of. They didn't make it in racing because they didn't dope. Lets interview them, give them some respect. But no. No one likes a loser. Kind of disgusting..

17. mtbfan

mtbfan MTBFAN

OMG! Lance doped??? Really? Come on. You really thought that he was clean? You all act as if this is the biggest surprise. It is not! I bet most, if not all, professional athletes (not just cycling) take performance enhancers to stay in the competition. I don't think that it is right to dope or to lie about it, especially under oath, but come on!! We all know what is going on in sports. Do you stop watching sports because you feel betrayed? Don't support it then and pick up gardening. I rode with a group in San Diego, and one guy actually was asked to join the Race Team but was told that he would have to take performance enhancers. He declined and sent an e-mail to all his friends while his wife was watching over his shoulder, just to let them know that this is part of being a racer. I rather ride for fun than ever considering to participate in such practices. Just my 2 cents.

18. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    I don't think anyone is shocked that he doped. If they are, they haven't been paying attention.

It's just such a sad commentary on modern 'sport' that we had to go through this entire ordeal.

What I DO find frustrating, and also sad, is that people are more inclined to just want to 'drop it and let it go' than to have some sort of moral standard when it comes to this. It becomes easier to let a scandal fade into memory, than to make the hard choices to change it from happening again. There is ZERO excuse for tolerating this in the professional community, and if the governing body had any fortitude whatsoever, it could stop it. That it refuses to says much more about the state of the sport.

In my opinion, no sport which fails in it's task to establish a level playing field deserves to be considered professional. Arguments can be made for the failures of other sports, fine, but that does not excuse cycling. When doping is considered necessary to just compete, there is a serious problem.

19. obie

obie New Member

poolman
  20. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

According to Velonews:

The UCI has issued a brief statement after a report in the New York Times suggested that Lance Armstrong is ready to testify against "officials from the International Cycling Union, the worldwide governing body of cycling, about their involvement with doping in cycling, but he will not testify against other riders."

USADA suggested that the UCI was complicit in the way it dealt with Armstrong, allegedly helping with the covering up a suspect test for EPO during the 2001 Tour de Suisse and accepting donations of a total of $125,000 from Armstrong.

I'm interested in what Lance is going to say about the UCI. Maybe Pat can get what he deserves, kicked out!