Race Report US CUP #4 - Sycamore Canyon (Video)

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Spartticus, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Flying Maverick

Flying Maverick New Member

Glad you came out to race. Be careful, it's addicting! You're exactly right about the tech section. If you are a Mountain Biker this section was totally doable, but XC racing sometimes gets close to road racing on dirt. I'm glad this race had at least one technical section. Fontana was good too and had some tricky sections.

Hope you come back out soon and don't worry too much about the "training". Enjoy the racing without the serious training while you can ;)

2. Spartticus

Spartticus Member

Ha! I was 7th on this section (from my lap 1 run) when I uploaded it but then other CAT1 riders uploaded and I've been bumped down to 26th!

3. strobe

strobe resident noob

+1. After riding it today, i'm glad to say the race did much less damage this year than last year on that whole section. Except for the massive washboard that is now nearly the entire 2nd decent of Rattlesnake. My rigid beat me up on that today. great racing boys and girls. Even my 1yr old was out there clapping and smiling at the racers. Great job.

Once again, Sycamore proves it is one of the best places to ride after the rain. Drains well.

4. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    Anyone have an idea of how much longer the CAT1 section was? 2 minutes? 3 minutes?

5. whybother

whybother New Member

ahh.. that is right, slightly different course. i didn't factor that into my statement. i still think CAT3 times should likely be representative of the old "Beginner" title. though i get pressure as a CAT1 to move to pro despite the fact that i am not winning (by pretty good sized margins).

6. james_95

james_95 New Member

FYI: Cat2/3 did a different course then CAT1