upgrades: eggbeaters/shoes/rudyProject

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LBmtb, Dec 3, 2004.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    upgrades: Answer Impact shoes/ egg beater S / "The Rays-Rudy Project" sunglasses

All from nashbar.com, came out to 190ish with tax and 2day shipping. I tried out the egg beaters in front of my house at the little park and I must say I am very impressed! Clipping in and out is easy and predictable and once you're in you feel pretty secure. Might take it out to the trails today to test them out.

Attached Files:

2. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

yeah youll love those eggbeaters. I got the Chrome pair on my NRS and they are great! clipping in and out are easy but took some time to get used to after coming for the shimano pedals. Oh and watch out on those cleats since they tend to wear fast. I had the cleats for about a year now and clipping in and out is too easy. Time for some new oones!

3. moab63

moab63 New Member

My son and I are going to the eggs for next year, for weight

saving reason. The shimano stuff will not wearout , is heavy but my God after years they still work fine. Maybe some sidis too. [-o<

4. i am dino

i am dino Guest

WANNA SELL THOSE OLD PEDALS?

George,

I'd be interested in buying your old Shimano pedals if you wanna sell them, give me a shout tonight if you are interested. I am meeting up with Alan to buy his wheels.

Thanks bro.

5. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    One of the bolts on the pedals is stripped. It's one of the ones u gotta remove to do maintenance on it. I'll bring em along when we ride again so you can take a look.

6. CommodityBroker

CommodityBroker New Member

Commodities Trader
    eggbeaters

I just put some on my bike. After about one week of riding, I don't know what I did before having them!

Excellent ease of use (these are my first clip-in pedals) on both clipping in/out. I like the lateral rotation so I can move my foot around a bit.

For newbies (which is what I am), this pedal is great!

7. moochy

moochy New Member

Student
    I want to get some crank bros but i can't decide which kind; the eggbeaters or candy. I've heard that eggbeaters can hurt your foot some times since you're only standing on two thin bars. Does anyone have candys? Does your foot rest on the platform when you're clipped in? Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated.

I've been riding on those "one side clip, one side platform" shimanos and its driving me nuts. I have to kick my pedals to spin them around to the clip side and it takes like 15 secs to clip in. #-o

8. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    For my first pair of clip-in or is it clip-less pedals, I went with the Crank Bro Egg Beater Mallet C. Damn, I'm coming on a year with these puppies...time flys when you are riding sweet trails :lol:
    Anyway, there are a platform/clip hybrid but you can clip in on either side, so no worries. I have never used the regular Egg Beaters, but I gotta say that I really enjoy these pedals. And I'll probably stick with Crank Bros in the future.

To any noobies reading this: Do yourself a favor and get some clip-in/clip-less pedals. They aren't for every type of riding as I notice DH'ers tend to not use them (which makes sense), but for average trail riding, they will let you get to the next level.

9. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Get the regular egg beaters. Not sure who said that they hurt but that's just not true. They're great.

So yeah . . . I'd say skip on the candy's and the extra weight and just get the regular.

10. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker New Member

Account Manager
    A generous relative gave me a pair of eggbeaters a few months ago. They worked fine on my old cleats, but I'm having problems clicking in on my new cleats (right foot especially). Once I'm in I love em though. They don't hurt your feet at all.

I just upgraded my stock saddle to a WTB Rocket V Progel Ti. Picked it up new on ebay for $35. So far so good.

11. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker New Member

Account Manager
    I was thinking of getting some new sunglasses with interchangeable lenses, most likely the Smith Mainline sliders. Any opinions on these? I read some good reviews about them on mtbr.