Update on shoulder

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Shannon, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Shannon

Shannon ........

I saw the ortho doc. this afternoon and didn't get the news I was hoping for. Although I won't need surgery, I'm still off the bike for another two months and have to wear the sling. Because of the way I broke my shoulder, the doc. says it's still too unstable to do any kind of activity. This also means he doesn't want me participating in the Counting Coup. ](*,)

So, yes I'm really glad I don't need surgery. But bummed at the same time the recovery is going to be a lot longer than I anticipated. Specially since I'm feeling much better since my fall (when this stoned out of my mind pic from pain meds was taken). I'll see everyone at the Counting Coup, just from the sidelines instead.

ouch.jpg

2. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    weeellllll since your not partaking maybe you shood let me take your place.hunh waddya think buddy ol pal ol friend ol boozm buddy ol life long pal. you rite on groovie ol solid kinda hep cat you. glad your felling better. dont let those dum ol doctors tell you what to do,but do listen to your body.so waddya think hunh?

3. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Sorry for the bad news. I feel for you. Plus, your situation makes me realize a month isn't that long and I need to knock off my whining about it. Keep up the fight and heal up soon!!

I too am second guessing CC. I will have exactly 2 months to train by the time I can ride again and I don't even know at what intensity I'll be able to train at then. I know there are strong and healthy people on the waiting list and they deserve a shot, since I may not be fully able.

Also, I'm still waiting on the "milking the injury" tips.;):wave:

4. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Looking foward to riding with you two again. Get better soon.

5. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams
    Damn! Heal quick.

6. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Speedy recovery Shannon.

Mott

7. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

very sorry about the bad newSS!!#-o i feel your pain girl!!:?: but what can we do ehh? Ohh well just heal quick and come back stronger then ever!!:beer: I do want to see ya down here on the Mapple rest spot and with a nice cold beer @ the finish Ooottayyy!!!:bang: we'll sure miss ya on the painfest#-o

8. Shannon

Shannon ........

You know if you were a true friend Jose you'd pull me in the burley trailer.. :lol: Oh, I'll be there for everyone. Make sure to put in your beer requests well in advance so I can have them ready.

9. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Seems like we pay to play. Sorry to hear about the additional time off. Strong shoulders are a necessity when riding, so take good care of them!! I know all about getting back on the bike too soon!!! After my shoulder surgery I was the desiginated shuttle driver for months. Of course, I got in a lot of hiking while everyone else rode, so my dogs were happy!! When I started riding again, the dogs were very sad. :-(

10. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

take your time, you know it'll be much much longer recovery if it needs a surgery but thank God you're on your way to a full recovery. beside after 2 more months and when you're ready to ride again, you have all the reason to train harder.

11. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Shannon, sorry to hear that it will be a bit longer for you to heal up than first expected. Chin up girl, you'll be blaze'n those trails before you know it. See you soon.