Turnbull Canyon Wednesday ride - come get your fix

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by eruizela, Jun 10, 2009.

1. JSD

JSD Member

order desk
    Unable to make it this time, scheduled to be at work. May consider doing an early ride.

2. gismo

gismo Professor Chaos

Test subject
    Maybe I should have done this ride with you guys before venturing out. I think I was coming down the fire road toward Friends (whichever one ends at a red curb and metal gate, small parking lot). I was going FAST. I turned the last corner and didn't know it was the end. Well, I hit that red curb and did one hell of a flip. I managed to pop my front wheel up and over the curb. Then took some weight off the backend by propping up. I clipped the back wheel on the curb and went flying. Thank goodness it was soft dirt! Bike's good!

3. slo65

slo65 Balls of fluff

Living the dream
    Recently got a new (to me) bike after being "out of the game" for 1.5 years. I've seen david b up there a couple of times while i was running. Will try and make some of the up and coming rides once my out of shape wheels come back a little.

4. COLEKO

COLEKO The Flying Hawaiian

Home Page:
    I need to get back out there too.

5. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    It can be dangerous, take care.

6. Oldskool

Oldskool Old School MX'r

Gen. Const. - Sr. Project Mgr.
    Rode Turnbull last night w/ myself, T-2, Luskie, CDaddy and Adam, was looking to hook up w/ Eruizela & Co. at the water tower at 6:45, but never made the connection. We started up the 7th St. side switchbacks and met up w/ CDaddy (new STR member that I met on Monday) at 6:50 at the water tower. It turned out to be a gorgeous evening w/ a strong group of riders. We rode back down the Service Rd. over to Rattlesnake and had Luskie take the lead and show us the way over some of the pretty nice sized hits that have been made, there are a couple in there that are too big and steep for me. We then headed up Escalaters, across TCR to 360's and took Skyline down to Cow Trail. T-2 & I were blazing down Cow Trail and when we stopped to regroup at the last lookout before the climbout, Adam & Luskie told us that T-2 & I had stirred up a pretty large rattlesnake that was now coiled up and ready to strike as Adam, Luskie and CDaddy went by! Luckily nobody got bit....after the dreaded climb back up to 360's, we rode back over TCR to the Whitter side as it was starting to get dark, said goodby to CDaddy (we convinced him to change his screen name LOL) who parked on Beverly side and the rest of us charged down the 7th St. switchbacks. The pace was awsome tonight, the climbs were tough but rewarding and the company was top-notch, we did 14.75 miles and except for me burping my rear tire on Rattlesnake, we had no mechanicals....Turnbull goodness!!

7. Y-NOT

Y-NOT New Member

Give me another month and I should be ready to ride with you guys again....

8. Oldskool

Oldskool Old School MX'r

Gen. Const. - Sr. Project Mgr.
    As long you promise to stay off the jumps on Rattlesnake....your too old to be hitting & breaking any more. LOL