Tubless Tires

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bananaseat, Dec 8, 2005.

1. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

I'm making the switch from tubes to tubless soon. My rims can accomodate the transition. Which tires (i.e. brand and model) would you guys recommend.

Would greatly appreciate your insight.

2. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Tires

If you like the tires you're running now, just use Stan's.

I'm using the Specialized Enduro's. 2.4 UST front/ 2.2 standard rear. Great traction but roll pretty slow. It's tough to beat the Kenda Blue Groove/Nevegal combo. I'm going back to those when the Specy's wear out. For your Spot, I'd go 2.3 Stick-E BG front, 2.3 Dual tread compound Nevegal rear.

Many say not to run Stan's with Kenda's but I think you'll wear the tire out before there would be any prob's.

ps - I think Kipper and Dell are thinking about sabotaging your bike after your camera work caught them in all their glory Sunday. :D
    Thanks for not catching my dirt nap on T&A

C

3. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Yeah no need to buy UST tires bro, just go with Stan's sealant. You can also buy Stan's UST valve stems that have the removeable core to add sealant without having to pop the tire out of the bead lock. I just did that on the front rim on my Pack and rode it on the ride on Sunday with no problems. You will however have a hell of a time getting the Kenda tires (non UST) to seal up with Stan's.....but once you get them fully sealed up they'll be fine for a long time. It usually takes at least 1 ride and lots of sloshing the sealant around to get the Kenda tires to not leak air.

4. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

Plenty of Kenda kevlar (non-UST) have worked with Stan's for me. My current Nevegal is missing knobs and not leaking .

Every Tioga folding kevlar (non-UST) has sealed nice and easy.