Trail Work

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by JamR, Nov 18, 2005.

1. JamR

JamR Moderator

Senior Planning & Field Operations Manager
    I’m looking for four people for some trail work that I would like to do on the morning of Saturday, December 17th starting at 8:00 am. The work will be in the Irvine Open Space Preserve South.

I only need four people because of the small area being worked on; (small bench required on a single-track trail to prevent a possible blowout this winter). The trail needs to receive a minor bench-cut with the addition of a reinforced buttress to shore up the existing trail bed.

With four people we should be able to accomplish the work in a short period, then take a mountain bike ride through the area followed by lunch at the staging area. This is just a short, but necessary trail repair that I would like to accomplish before the end of the year. There will be plenty of larger scale projects going on after the end of the year which I will keep everyone posted on.

Please e-mail me if you are interested in helping out and riding that day. Again, I only need four people, but I need people who can give a definite commitment to that morning so we don’t come up short on the day of the trail work.

Join me that morning for some good trail work, followed by a great MTB ride and free food!

Thanks!

Contact info:

Adam Maywhort
    Field Operations Manager
    Irvine Ranch Land Reserve Trust
    949-720-5518 office
    [email protected]

2. TurboJared

TurboJared Overstimulated

Affiliate Program Manager
    Home Page:
    I won't be able to make this one but let me know if you need help between the holidays.