Think I cracked a couple ribs

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by DirtymikeTDB, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Stray_Bullit

Stray_Bullit The sustain..listen to it

Commercial Truck Driver, yes I do look into your c
    Same place got me too! Hope you feel better soon...it does feel good to go back there and own that hill!

I rag dolled down it, messed me up really good, no broken ribs though, thank God. I did that at Del Cerro a few years back. It hurts to be awake.... OUCH...

Get well soon....

2. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    I'm sorry to hear about your crash. While I hope you recover soon, I must point out: this thread is not helping me grow the balls to try that section!

3. Blueman

Blueman New Member

I'm 80% (about 8 of 10) on that section, which is good in most sports.... not so good in mtbing. I have also damaged ribs but I made the slip sluce (wall of death or whatever) I just carried way too much speed into lower section and went OTB. The other crash involved a poorly setup new fork and new 185mm brake with no modulation; I bombed down the slip sluce with no pratical braking power (it was either locked or off), blew a tire on the rut at the bottom, and rolled like dice to a stop. Fun times.

4. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

It really isnt that bad to just hammer that hill, I wa uing litterally almost no brakes at all day on this hill. Just lost my line a bit on the last run. So far I am really finding that speed is a wonderfull thing on this section so you can just fly down and cleen it!!!

Still really sore today, get my strecthes done and I feel fine until I Sneeze.

5. Soul_Control

Soul_Control New Member

Condom Tester
    Home Page:
    At least they didn't have to use photoshop! Get well soon.

[​IMG]

6. Abstrakt77

Abstrakt77 New Member

I have no job
    Dusty, did it happen on your last run when I saw you?

7. nekit

nekit New Member

Software Developer
    Local Friendly Neighbor the ER nurse, eh? Can you imagine what went through the heads of people reading this? she is coming at night, sharing pills, discusses her feelings with you, you give her unconditional promises... :lol:

Heal-up!

8. deja vu

deja vu done dirt cheap!

where is that jump? I need to get hurt bad so I can check in with the nurse!

[​IMG]

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

No one more after that. I ended up making one run too many.

I went back today, and I owned that Biatch!!!!Little sore still, just really glad its not a freefloating break, I dont know what I would do if I couldnt ride

10. BHow

BHow New Member

International Sales
    Dirtymike,

Sounds like you are doing alright but probably in some pain. I wish you a quick recovery. Sounds like you hit your back and injured ribs.

I just wanted to share a story that could help others possibly in the future.

I crashed a few years back riding some dirt jumps and fell on top of my bike. My pedal hit at the bottom right part of my ribs in the front. I knew something broke as i heard something. I had some trouble breathing but had broken and bruised ribs before. I was at a skate/bike camp at the time. I was going to just hang out and see how i felt later before going to the hospital if at all. I was forced to see the trainers at the camp.

It was a good thing though. When i went to see the trainer and kept complaining to them about my right collarbone/shoulder hurting. It was hurting really bad right on top of my shoulder at the end. REALLY bad nerve type pain. The trainers looked at it and were pretty concerned about my liver. The pain in my shoulder (which never impacted anything) could be referred pain from a liver injury.

to shorten it up, i was rushed to the ER, into a cat scan and into emergency surgery to sew up my lacerated liver. The broken ribs had poked into it. My pancreas was severely bruised too. I bled 2 liters internally. I was in ICU for 5 days, and 2 more in the room. I made a full recovery. So much for that.

But my point is if you take a shot in the abdomen on the right side and later have bad pain there and in your right shoulder(and know it did not impact anything) get into the ER. If you do the same and feel the same on the left side it can be your spleen. Equally severe.

this is just something for everyone to know in case you are with a rider or you go down and take a good frontal rib shot. Broken ribs suck but broken ribs that lacerate something internally,suck more. And could kill you.

Also one guy says a couple of vicodine and some beers will make you alright. That can also kill you. Not a good idea to mix too many of those things.