Theres custom tuning then theres AVALANCHE

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by Bullcrew, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Well, just got off the phone with Craig. $895 for the piggyback ala carte. Includes enough parts to basically make 2 shocks. He basically explained to me that it was more for shops in other countries that could service this for people and not have a long wait time. Not meant for your average DIYer.

2. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Yeah but you could get it split cost with someone and have the local tuner build it up.... or if you have 2 bikes.
    Just a thought I have one or Id have possibly opted that route...Youd have enough parts to modify it yourself if you swapped frames as well as valving...

3. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    went out testing it and dialing it in unfortunently it was short lived picked a nasty line and found a rock...
    Got the small drop on but didnt make it too far from there to the big drop...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just some random pics from the otherr day goofing off as well
    [​IMG]

4. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    Guess I will have to give the dude a call next paycheck then? lol

Just got the springs put in today, but haven't been on the bike yet. Shuttle maybe next week hopefully?

Bullcrew,

Do you think it would ever be an issue getting spare parts in the future if need be for Avalanche products?
    And how was shipping for your shock? I'm very impatient. :lol:

5. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Craigs extremely fast on shipping, as well as he has parts on hand and will for a VERY long time hes been c cycles suspension and manufacturing parts for racetech and the rest of the guys for over 30 years. Hes anchored in and training a new assistant to help and slide up the scale eventually so no worries....

Hes very customer oriented and makes sure they are happy... As long as they dont take advantage of him LOL they get taken care of.
    I have a buddy just ordered a woodie for his Jedi as well and same thing he was impressed after talking to Craig and all info needed was taken to custom build and valve it. :beer:

Avalanche is TOP NOTCH!!!!!

6. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    Thanks for the further assurance.

I will give him a call for sure.

7. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Cool tell him I said "Hi"

8. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Got a BUNCH more ride time and diversified terrain as well as speeds and jumps.. The fork is dialed and the shock is phenominal...
    OK so I have left it on the settings that Id race it at which is light and plush and the only time I bottomed was a 7' to flat at the bike park on a new line we made.

We have done the DH line there, the expert FR line off all the hips and huge doubles, Luckpeak 35-40mph fireroad/singletrack with tons off doll heads and 20 2-3' waterbars that send you 15-30 feet depending on which one and where it is in the trail. We did step downs and rock gardens I adjusted it a littel bit to tweak the settings a little and went back to my original settings as they tracked the ground perfect.

Definently a diversified herd LOL... Sawyer with his 2' dreadlocks wasnt in the pic lol.
    [​IMG]

Mike Weiser on right is 2 time CatI champ 2 years [idaho and a top guy in the NW] and Josh to the left is a top up and coming pro in hare in the hound (took 16th overall out of a couple hunddred riders at 18 yrs old in lucern recently as well as over all in the NW) as well as looking for a sponsor for the Baja 500/1000
    [​IMG]