Ride Report the other Aliso/Laguna/Moro

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by LBmtb, May 20, 2006.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    RR: the other Aliso/Laguna/Moro

Adam, Justin (klutter), Jose and I choose to tackle some hills today. Jose was a bit late but not by much. A spoke was broken on his usual geared bike so he dusted off the cobwebs from his older Jamis. Adam rode his 3-speed and klutter was on his fully rigid SS. Spun over to Meadows to get that out of the way while it was still overcast and cool. My first time climbing it and man does it go on forever. Once at the top we debated a bit and decided to just go back down Meadows and have a nice easy spin over to rockit. Climbed rockit and then went down Lynx. Rode over to Cholla and climbed that. Jose had coffee on his mind so it was decision time again. Do our planned Stair Steps descent and then ride the road all the way to the coffee shop or climb to top of the world and go down canyon acres which drops us off pretty close to the coffee shop. Had a nice break there and did a bit of road climbing to get to the water tower trail and rode that up to bomber ( I think that's what it was? ). Rode over to missing link/fenceline where Jose crashed and broke his hanger. Adam did a good job converting it to SS but the chain snapped on some moderate downhill. No chain on Jose's bike meant we cut the ride short. Cut out rattlesnake, elevator, old emerald, and some other trails. Jose got a little creative and hung on to our camelbaks to get up some mild hills - we also pushed him sometimes. Came down willow and then up Stair Steps. Descended rockit to coyote and then we took turns playing tug boat with Jose. Even though we cut the ride short it was still sort of a climb-fest although somehow felt leisurely. Wahoo's was a nice way to wrap it up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2006
  2. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

Nice write up, Gonz. Sorry to hear the ride was cut short.

What the hizzell is up with that ShinKen playa bubb? When he's not bussin' his body, he's bussin' his bike. Hardcore, mang :bang:

J/k, Jose. Be back up and running in no time.

3. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Did you guys go down Steps or Canyon Acres...you didnt say which one you went down eh. That sucks about dAT plAYA bUBb joSE's hanger breaking! We all heard the hucks on T&A calling your name GONZ!!!

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Thought I edited it to include that but didn't edit it I guess. Went to top of the world and canyon acres. We didn't feel like doing a ton of road riding with those cars.