Downhill The "Elitists" do Bootleg

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by denmother, May 4, 2009.

1. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    Make that two! Even though im waiting for dual crown forks.

2. TrojanInsomniac

TrojanInsomniac Active Member

DPT student
    Some pics from this weekend's pilgrimage to Bootleg. I can't even explain how much fun I had....... Riding was great and new friendships were made! I can honestly say that my skills improved significantly during the weekend. A big thanks to Roger and Nancy for putting this together and showing me the ropes. Also, kudos to Traci and Kim for your efforts.........both of you rode amazingly this weekend!:bang:

I did learn one valuable lesson...........don't try to converse w/ the photog while trying to roll a steep sketchy ass drop #-o At least the M6 was ok! Hopefully some footage will follow!:bang:

Attached Files:

3. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

if i still rode i would be jealous, but since i don't i'm glad you guys had a good time... :beer:

4. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Had a great weekend even though I didnt ride much.

Started out in the play area, hitting some table tops , ladder drops, bridges, and tetter totter. The pedaling on the first run ton a LOT out of me. All the talk about this place had me nervous so I went for the easy, ok what I thought was easy route, it was not tech but it killed me fitness wise but was good to get a feel for the terrain. After Mammoth trip I didnt want to make the same mistake and just go for it, that almost ruined the trip. Took a break then went up for a real run, skipped a few things I think I could handle but I have not had a lot of luck staying on bike of late so I didnt want to push it to much on first run. Then at towards the end I washed a little lost the front end and my stupid azz puts my injured arm out to catch myself. After that my shoulder was done.

I am still glad I went even thought I know I really shouldn't have. I am looking forward to a chance to go out there when I am 100%.

I will upload pics in a little bit they are on other computer.

5. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Pics

Nancy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!

Did you take up R.C cars instead too?#-o

7. RideNEtime

RideNEtime New Member

car mechanic
    Thanks to Nancy and Roger for taking the time to help my wife (superDkim) get familiar with the trails. Traci and Kim rode some tough trails with skill and determination. Fun weekend riding and meeting new friends. I look forward to the next adventure.

8. SuperDKim

SuperDKim New Member

Office Mang. MBZ Repair Shop
    To say this was an AWESOME weekend is an understatement! I want to thank DENMOTHER for the invite and her time coaching!:beer: RideNEtime(Tony) & I arrived on Sat. morning for breakfast and ran into a few of the group at the Hacienda! We headed to the canyon! Yep there it was my first time on some CRAZY A$$ DH! Let me say as a "ROOKIE" there was some crazy exposure...!!! I was THRILLED to be giving it a shot and scared to death at the same time! Was a lot of fun meeting everyone and chatting as everyone was getting ready! Geared up from head to toe and got on the truck Denmother, Roger, Mark, Traci & I head off to do Girl Scout run with Roger in lead! Denmother & Roger are just AWESOME people, watching out for us and coaching us a long the way! The peddle was a bit harder on the DH bike but was a great warm up. Traci did well even with the peddle!

Then I went back up with the group and it was the push to the top! Once again Roger and Nancy were there to coach me through Snake back and I think the other trail, I don't remember..was all SCARY!!! I had some much fun and to follow Nancy was just :bang: way to learn! Eveyone was so cool and helpful! I still don't see myself doing the the shoot at the begining of the ride but I enjoyed watching others do! The most fun was at the end when I watch Nancy just bolt off and Roger telling me this was all easy. I chased after, of course there was no way I would catch "HER" but I sure had fun trying. I did little jumps I would have rolled normally and thought about how cool it was afterwards!:clap:

I did head back to Girl Scout to see if I could do a fast run on it and I had a blast. Mark went with me & Tony on this run but Mark did not really like the peddle!! LOL#-o I was told it was their Super D course! I would love that course!

Sunday was back up to the top but I am sure it was hotter! Made it through some of the rocky stuff this weekend I have never riden! Sorry no pics from me as I was busy holding on to the handle bars! Was great time with everyone there and looking forward to the next "ADVENTURE" Thanks for the help from everyone!!:beer::bang: Traci, you "ROCKED" I was proud of you as well & really enjoyed riding with you!

9. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    My weekend started with a call to Mark Y to explain that work had taken it's toll, I had not been home in almost 2 weeks and was just going to stay home. He reminded me that this was going to be the first trip for many, which reminded me of my first trip there and I was in... I was fortunate enough to have the Intense Factory Bike freight company (aka Traci) carry the bike as I had a meeting late in the day and would catch up or pass them on the way out...

This was an amazing weekend watching everyone push their personal comfort zones, while sitting back and watching Lee and Bryguy simply tear it up,,, It was great to ride with friends both old and new

Big thanks to DenMo and Roger for making this happen
    Traci for allowing be the ability to not drag my bike out there on my car..
    Mark for talking me back into it

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Onto the Video which is a bit long, and bit choppy but it is my first attempt and I even left the blue background as this noob could not figure out how to change it

[vimeo]4495028[/vimeo]

10. davidB

davidB Active Member

nice job guys and gals!

and thanks for confirming my notion that bootleg might not have been the best place for me to learn dh on for my first ride on my SS. One day though! [-o-]

It looks just as gnarly as people say it is!

11. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Thanks to everyone for the kudos, it really is about "Paying it Forward". My 1st trip to Bootleg I was coached by 2 awesome women I know from AZ, without them, I never would have been able to make a return trip.

FWIW, my 1st race at Bootleg (2003) was on G-String and at the beginning of practice there were 13 seperate obstacles that I had to get off and walk. By race time, there were only 3 that I hadn't mastered. I always tell everyone "There is no beginner DH at Bootleg". The girls ROCKED!!!! So glad to see 2 more of you come over to "The Darkside"!!!! :bang:

Kim, the trail was called "Reaper". :lol:

12. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Jeff
    Wow what trail was that you stopped and high fived Lee? That look gnarly.

13. SuperDKim

SuperDKim New Member

Office Mang. MBZ Repair Shop
    Kim, the trail was called "Reaper". :lol:

THanks now I will know what to look for on the DARKSIDE.....the REAPER!!!:lol:

14. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing

[youtube]Tpy_pYXSpPA[/youtube]

G-String.... First time cleaning that section after 3 trips....

15. guero

guero iFroth

way to step it up traci!!! :bang:

[​IMG]

16. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

sweet video jeff! and yeah, that's the last chunky part of G-string. it's a little tricky, especially right before you high-fived lee.

David, we'll get you out and working on your confidence so you're ready for next time :bang:

man, now I really want to go back there. there's a ton of spots that I'm looking at again in the videos that I KNOW I can hit way cleaner/smoother/faster (i.e. the last drop on reaper)

oh, and really nice meeting some of you folks for the first time, like Kim, Tony, and Bobby. That's one of the things I love about this sport, all the cool people you get to meet.

17. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing

Sniff sniff do I smell some SSDH in the near future wOOt:bang::bang:

18. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

hmm, perhaps so? :) but it'll be so smooth and easy compared to bootleg :?:

19. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing
    I'll bring the road bike..

20. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant

Thanks Brett!! I owe this to JSims - he said "lets do the ladder drop" I said "NO" he said "follow me" I said "ok"
    This is my 1st try EVER - holy smokes did I feel like I was in the air forever!

This weekend I had several firsts - I can attribute those to the people with me :)