Ted Craig Park single track

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by ranger tom, May 5, 2005.

1. ranger tom

ranger tom New Member

Park Ranger
    Limestone Canyons & Whiting Ranch Wilderness Parks
    Sunday afternoon.

if interested or available to help, let me know
    714-973-3181
    ranger tom

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

I know people have posted the address to where Ted Craig park is, but I'm not familiar with Fullerton.

I know the loop though, so where on the loop is the Ted Craig park area? Starting from the courthouse, going down the bridal path, cross the street, more bridal path, hang a left and drop down cruise for a few, cross the street to Hiltcher Park, ride through there, cross the next big street, drop down then short steep climb up and then through the neighborhood, hang a right on the main street then a left then quick right, next to railroad tracks, make a left and ride next to the school, cross the next big street, up the asphalt path and to the left, down, cross the next street, make a left and go down the switchback area and the quick "down then up" head left and stay on sidewalk, do the little wall drop then cruise uphill along rosecrans i believe, cross another couple streets, hang a right and go next to chevron area, stay left for the fun singletrack, drop back down and up the rooted area next to the fence, then climb up then head down climb up again, cross the next street, keep going make a left to climb a kinda steep section with the railroad ties, up a little more, then down "mormon hill" cross the big street, singletrack up to laguna lake, more bridal path, then the "upper singletrack", drop down, hang a left just past the bridge, drop in and go right along tracks, through the tunnel, along the bumpy area, hang a right and then go up, cross the street and cruise by the golfcourse, go through the "twin tunnels" go left through the "jungle wasteland" area, cross the log bridge, up and out to the left, hang a right, climb up the hill next to the damn, then down through the fun short singletrack area with the "special feature", then come out in the parking lot of the golf course.

so, where along the route that i just described does Ted Craig park sit? I really want to check out and possibly help out with the new trails being cut.

thanks.

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
  4. ranger tom

ranger tom New Member

Park Ranger
    Ted Craig park - ANNEX to Fully loop

The short answer is that it is not, currently or officially part of the Fully loop.

Several local riders add this section to "their" loop, hence the "ANNEX" comment.

I do not have a GPS yet, when I do I'll send out the coordinates. for now see your Thomas Brothers map book. page # 739, section C - 3. or if you ride the equestrian trail from Brea Dam/reservoir, east on Bastanchury turn North on State College, turn West on the Equestrian trail that leads downhill, just past Delicata street. This will drop you down into TCPark, from there turn right /South go to the dirt overflow parking lot and follow the signs "To Mountain Bike Trails". folks can loop around the Fullerton dam/reservoir and return the same way. The annex would add approximately 10.0 miles to the loop.

It would be nice to connect this up to the Brea Golf course, then down to theFullerton golf course and into the the fully-loop "proper" to make it a 17 or 18 mile loop!

I hope you can join us!

5. FishBoyT

FishBoyT Why I Like Bikes

Hello All,
    I'm pretty sure I can make it, Sunday 5/8/05 4pm. I'll bring help. We can lay down some more log jumps. Will also bring along the GPS to get some coordinates.
    Let me know if things change, I'll check back on this site today and tomorrow.
    Troy
    714-313-5392 cell

6. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Dont you mean 'obstacles'? :lol:

Nice to meet you last time, have fun!

7. ranger tom

ranger tom New Member

Park Ranger
    I think Rain will be the only cancelling event!

so if it is raining Sunday, go out to brunch or dinner.

dry wishes!