Tapia Canyon. Kona & Burn Victim.

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by ParlorTricks, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ParlorTricks

ParlorTricks New Member

I apologize if I've mislabeled the names of the single tracks. I usually ride alone, so basically everything I find out is from youtube videos and the forums/trail maps.

The fire road in Taipa canyon is great right now. The rain has packed down almost all of the loose sections of dirt. I made these videos from my ride on the 15th. As you can see Kona & Burn Victim are in great shape. Burn Victim is still a bit over grown, and narrow, but defiantly a blast.

Also, what's the name of the single track that starts off by going under the electric towers?

[video=youtube;aAIEiNKrZYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAIEiNKrZYk[/video]

[video=youtube;CQgFtnFeuwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgFtnFeuwg&feature=related[/video]

2. scottay

scottay New Member

A&P
    G-out. Thanks for the BV vid, havent been on it in awhile because I knew it was way overgrown.....

3. stphnman20

stphnman20 New Member

Like you, I learned the names of the trail through youtube and forums. Thank for posting the vids.

4. ParlorTricks

ParlorTricks New Member

Thanks, I'll probably hit G-out on Tuesday even though it always kicks my butt. I rode it the same day I rode Kona and Burn Victim, but my camera's battery died so I wasn't able to film it. They have a bunch of jumps on it right now, not that I would even dare hit those jumps.

5. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Burn victim actually looked better than the last time I rode it. Then, you couldn't even see the trail through the weeds. Looks like your cam took a few licks as it was.

Looks like you were there in the morning or more towards the middle of the day. The setting sun and video cams dosn't play nice together on those trails. Same with G-Out.

Thanks for sharing.

6. ParlorTricks

ParlorTricks New Member

Yeah, I always intend to go early, but after my morning coffee and such I really don't even hit the trails until about 10:30/11 a.m. Today unfortunately that means I missed the window before it started raining. Boo rain.