Suspension-specific grease?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by fongster, May 11, 2013.

1. bing!

bing! Active Member

I'll take your words for it then and pull the lowers on my 40 in 6-10 hours. If theyre empty or dirty, I'll adjust the schedule accordingly.

I've rebuilt Boxxers, 40s and 888s that had a year or two of riding between service. Didnt see any extra ordinary use of oil. But then, they werent mine and they couldve been garage queens. I'll check my own fork based on your recommendation. I can understand that manufacturers can be too conservative, but too liberal? That will be new to me :)

2. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    I'd be curious how long it takes you to hit 10hrs. Average shuttle dh run in socal is a few minutes lol. Riding xc trails on your dh bike doesn't count.

3. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

I drop the lowers and change oil on my Boxxer WC every 3-5 hours or so of ride time. Takes about 30 minutes and less than $1 of oil. I use Slick Honey too. It doesn't take much either. That little 2oz tube has served me for years. I also noticed with frequent oil changes on my Rockshox stuff that the seals seem to rarely need to be replaced.

Racing at Fontucky I'd get about 6 practice runs in Saturday and 3 runs Sunday. (6 + 3) * 3 minutes = 27 minutes of riding downhill for a race at Fontucky. I think a little more ride time would occur with longer trails when shuttling.