Surf meets da Turf

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stuffen, Oct 31, 2006.

1. stuffen

stuffen New Member

technician
    I'm a veteran mtb rider of 18 years. I usually surf in the morning (North SD County) and MTB/yoga at lunch. I just started freeriding a few years ago and what a rush! \\:D/ It's so much fun when I land a jump, descend off rock gardens, hucking over whatever. Lately, I've been crashing a lot so da gonads are lil' small now. :-s I just started to doing yoga 3 months ago after the Doc told me I have degenerative back disease. Back is feeling so good now and I jus' need to get the shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, ankles, hammies and brain in tune with the back! :lol:
    My tools of the trade on the dirt are:
    Present - Santa Cruz Bullit w/Mr. T (7"/7")
    Past - Mountain Cycle San Andreas w/Jr.T (6"/6")

I'm married w/3 kids. Wifey is patient until I crash. Kids love the open flesh wounds. Too many crashes screws up my surfing. :p BTW, salt water is good for flesh wounds. :lol:

2. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Welcome to STR - If you're in North County I assume you rode Flightline - bummer about the current situation but hopefully it will get resolved in a positive way for riders. If you find yourself in Orange County we usually have a ride going on with some Freeride opportunities. Give a shout or look for the posts in the Trailhead forum.

C

3. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    welcome to the world of STR i am one of the in house DH/FR riders hit me up if u want to get some huck on

4. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    Welcome, feel free to post pics of your open flesh wounds in the carnage section

5. stuffen

stuffen New Member

technician
    Thanks guys

Flightline was my lunch ride until the land managers got involved. I agree, I hope it gets resolve in a peaceful way. A few of us trek over to Calaveras at lunch in relief for some hucking and high speed descent thru the "widowmaker" and other interesting trails. My weekends are booked with kid activities so weekend rides are no go. So, I'm thinking about venturing into the dark area of night riding with a group from the MTBR forum. Gotta do this when the kids are a sleep!
    I will definitely ping you guys if I ever head up to OC. I used to live in MV and rode Aliso, Crystal, Whiting and Ortega. I miss that area!
    DHR13, where do you usually ride?