Sunset Ridge

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by MTBMaven, Feb 20, 2008.

1. MTBMaven

MTBMaven This is Shangri La

GIS Coordinator
    During the Bikepacking trip last weekend we rode Sunset Ridge. I had not been on this trail is quite a while. Many sections have had some great work done on them. Some of the stair steps are bigger than before and the section after Sierra Saddle is worse than before unfortunately. But the sections that have been worked have been done very well.

A guy by the name of Mark is almost 100% responsible for the maintenance on Sunset Ridge and IS 100% responsible for the maintenance on Lower Sam Merrill. Mark has worked with a Korean group (church group I think) on Sunset Ridge. Mark works Lower Sam every Saturday. He is a fellow mountain biker as well and a great guy all around. If you see him out there take a second to stop and thank him for all his hard work.

2. kanga

kanga Active Member

If anyone had ridden LSM in the weeks between the big storms and last Friday, you would have notice a gaping hole in the trail about a mile up, where the dirt had washed away from the inside of a retaining basket.

He was up there last Saturday, hiking in supplies to repair it by himself when we rode past on our Idlehour bikepacking trip.

Thanks Mark (even though I don't think he's on these boards).