Sundance Cycles - Agoura Hills

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by jeffgothro, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jeffgothro

jeffgothro Cru Jones Stunt Double

(Originally posted in MTBR)

This isnt my LBS. So let me explain.

Co-owner Ashton Johnson of Sundance Cycles used to have a shop here where I live in Ventura Ca called Bill's Bike Shop, but parted with Bill and became K&A cyclery after that he moved. Anyway, I just found out he's in Agoura Hills Ca and has a shop there.

(I've known this guy for almost 25 years)

Ashton “AJ” Johnson...this guy knows EVERYTHING...litterally, I've had him repair my bikes and he has even done custom work for me, frame mods and whatnot, stuff most bike shops dont or wont do, most professional knowledgeable guy I ever met. I'm an ex-bike shop mechanic myself so that is saying ALOT.

Anyway...your the only mechanic I've ever trusted 100% with my repairs - hopefully I can come down sometime and visit the shop.

Thanks AJ

[​IMG]
    Ashton Johnson

2. b-40

b-40 Giggity, Giggity, Goo....

helicopter hydraulic flight controls
    this is where i bought my ibis mojo, and yes AJ is a good guy, the only gripe i had is the mechanic he has working for him is slower than mollasses in winter, it took him 4 days to build up the bike and when i called to tell him i was gona pick it up he said no problem it will be done in an hour, well i got there 3 hours later and had to wait another 45min for the mec to finish up, and when i took the bike out for the first time both deraileurs were way out of adjustment, cranks were loose and a couple of cables were routed wrong and was causing ghost shifting, but all in all it's a good shop.

3. jeffgothro

jeffgothro Cru Jones Stunt Double

See if you can get AJ to do it next time. He used to have a kid working for him up here who was good, but I dont know about now or who is working for him over at Sundance. I can personally vouch for AJ though, best mechanic I ever met.