STT this saturday?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mtnbikerdude87, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

Well since my plan to ride SJT was cancelled due to the road closure, Ive decided to try another new trail: Santiago Truck Trail

Anyone interested in joining me for a ride this Saturday, I have never been on this trail so it would be nice if someone could show me around. Ill probably have a couple other guys who are going to join this ride.

So I guees we could meet at Cook's Corner around 8:00-8:30.

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Well if the parks are still closed this weekend we'll probably be riding STT/Old Camp/Luge on Sunday (I work on Sat.), so if you can ride Sunday then we can show you the route.

3. JamR

JamR Moderator

Senior Planning & Field Operations Manager
    I'll be out there Sunday morning with a few other riders. We are going to put some finishing touches on a bridge we installed at the bottom of the Luge last Sunday, then take a ride up STT to Old Camp and then back down the Luge.

We'll be meeting in the parking lot at 8:00 the driving to the bottom of the Luge for the bridge work. The work should take less than an hour, then we can all start riding STT around 9:15 or so.

You're welcome to join in for some fun trail maint and a good riding.

Thanks

4. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

Thanks guys but Im working sunday so I wont be able to join you. Thanks for the offer though.

5. jinks

jinks New Member

Home Page:
    I'll probably be there on Sunday, bright and early at 7am with a few guys. If I can get my parents to babysit my kids, I may go out Saturday afternoon too. I'd ride somewhere else, but nowhere's open yet :(. Oh well. Maybe I'll see you guys up there. Look for me on my new ride. It's a green/platinum Voodoo Bizango steel hardtail!! Climbs like it has a built in motor and seems like it's attached to my brain - goes right where I want it to go. =P~

6. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

yeah we'll be sure to look out for ya. Ill be out there between 8:00-8:30, look for a guy in a grey toyota truck with a red NRS.

Ok just wondering what route you guys would reccomend if I start from cook's corner? Is STT pretty much a loop. Just trying to get some details so I wont get lost out there. haha.

Thanks

7. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    From Cook's you'll head back west on Santiago Canyon road. You'll go about a mile and a half to Modjeska Grade, there is an american flag there and make a right. Go up the steep road and STT starts at the top on the right. Just follow STT for a few miles and you'll come to another american flag after a downhill section. That is the start of the Luge on the right. If you just go down the Luge you'll follow the singletract to the right at the bottom. That will lead you to a paved road, make a left there and that will take you back to Live Oak....make a right on Live Oak and bomb down the hill back to Cook's. If you want more mileage then instead of going down the Luge, keep left and STT will continue climbing for about another 5 miles. You'll finally get to a large "saddle" area, one singletrack goes uphill (that is Joplin), and the other goes down towards Old Camp. Old Camp is just a little camp area with a creek....only maybe half a mile or so down from the saddle. Turn around on STT and head back down to the Luge. If you just do the Luge loop it is about 10 miles or so, and if you go all the way to Old Camp it is around 17 miles. Pretty hard to get lost out there, have fun!

8. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

Thanks, I guess this aint a bad trail afterall.

9. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

Unless more help is needed at Maple Springs, I'll be at Cooks Corner around 8:15a and ready to ride by 8:30a.

If anyone wants to join me, look for the silver Tacoma w/ the (coincidence, I swear) matching Stumpjumper in back. Name's Dell. See you there.

10. DeadlyStryker

DeadlyStryker New Member

school
    i might be there, most likely not. i dont know where you park and all that good stuff. but if i can get my mom to take me... ill post here tonight with a confirmation