STR racers

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Sharky, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

:wave: Hey Jason or anyone else that raced today...want a report on how it went?? CONGRATULATIONS to all of you that competed...we're always with you in spirit :clap: !!!

2. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    I finished! That's about how it went. I had a lot of fun, and knew ahead of time that I was in for it. Great course, great weather (75-80 degrees), and great competition. I raced the sport XC about 10 years, and 20 lbs., ago, so I kind of knew the pain I was going to endure. I finished 9th out of 11 in my class. I took a pedal to the calf and crashed:protest: , and my seat decided it no longer wanted to be on my bike#-o , luckily I was walking one section and able to finger tighten it enough to finish out the race. Boy, I sure made this sound like fun, didn't I? I did not have the pleasure of meeting any other STR riders, but I know you were out there.

3. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Congrats!

Hey Jason way to hang in there! :bang: There not always fun, but that's what makes it interesting, you never know what to expect. ;)

4. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    Just like jfromlv said: great course, great weather and great competition!
    I too raced sport and placed 3rd out of 7 in my class. Got a pretty cool wood medal and a spot on the stump!
    During my 2 laps I encountered that great riding partner, ghost shifting!
    It sounded like I had jiffy pop going on in the back of my bike, needless to say I was able to use about half my gears - I gave in and used a geared bike since I have never raced here - so I was walking some of the front stuff and trying to adjust my rear derailluer on the fireroad climb. Strangely enough I was actually passing people during this and after my first lap I just hunkered down and pedaled, knowing the suffering would soon be over!
    Great time and nice set-up for the family. Can't wait for the next one but I think my SS wants to ride it next time!

5. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Congrats you guys. I decided that I wanted more of a challenge in my beginner class, other than trying sport (I'm saving that for next year), so I borrowed my friend's Soma 29'er...first time on the bike, second time with a 29'er, at least I had gears!

I too took a pedal to my calf, which I think is only because I already had a big bruise to my other calf (crash with my daughter). It seems that God saw my need for balance (hahah).

Oh yea, why didn't someone warn me about the elevation change from HB to Rim Nordic (cough cough) heeheeh

Again, congrats to you guys. Maybe I'll run into you when I step up to sport (or better yet, NOT run into you, but see you at the finish line). And, MAYBE I won't be gasping for air then.

:) Rachel