SR: Path Parking Lot Sale

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by LBmtb, Jul 22, 2007.

1. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Well, besides the frame, the fork, tires, wheels and headset are new. I carried over the cranks, chain, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars and brakes. As long as the carried over parts outnumber the new parts, it's an upgrade, right? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Now that I've got that fork on the Reign, I'm actually thinking about selling my Haro X7. It only has another inch of travel front and rear but weighs about 10 lbs more. I'm still thinking it over, but odds are it's as good as gone. I never ride it and it's too nice of a bike to just sit in my garage.[-X

If I do sell it, I'm thinking the money will go towards a RIP Niner:bang:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  2. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    DANG! I missed STR bbq and parking lot sale while i was gone...

3. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Didn't think you'd have it posted so quickly, now everyone's going to want to see it on the Loop this week. Very sweet ride and you looked great on it today. Your color fo sho. Jason knew that there's no way it was going back on that rack. #-oCongrats and welcome to the "Dark Side" :clap:

Jessie, it why we set priorities. Mine are ride, ride , then ride.(but that's easy when you're single with no kids).:D

4. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

First off, thanks to Tani and the crew for pulling off such a great event! :clap::clap::clap:

Second, congratulations to Guero, Wilhelmina, Yo Momma, The Godfather (and another STR member#-o) on their new bikes.:bang:

Third, I would like to send a SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to Luke from The Path. That KID can sell. I never knew I needed so much!:lol::lol::lol: His advice steered me into a few purchases that were much needed! Thanks.:clap: There was one more thing I liked about that kid- hmmmm.... oh yeah, his choice in bikes!!!! Iron Horse:bang:

[​IMG]
    Photo by Winston

5. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

I couldn't help myself! I'm taking her out after work on Tuesday for a Fully Loop test ride. I'm going to take your advice though and make it 18 or 20 in the back. I don't want to go to work tomorrow.. I just want to ride my WUSS!!

6. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

I may ride Chino Hills after work on Tuesday, if you guys don't want to drive as far. (edit-no can do,)
    Sweet bike!

7. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    I am a total freak and a bike freak too and I don't think I am alone, but there is something very sexy about a woman riding a SS.

Nice bike Willie!

Dean

8. guero

guero iFroth

gouge pretty much summed it all up. this sale was a blast to attend. it seemed like everytime i turned around, another str bubb or bubbette was walking up. please forgive me if i forgot someone but i recall seeing and rapping with: lucas (and his wifey), andy & anne, willie & jason, dan & his lady, aldo/chappy, darin maxwell, gene, tighe, jordan, macgyver, dino brown, craig, jared & megan (and megans dad larry), rodel, and gouge. (rob was there on the phone with me/us). talk about a fun time!

so, about my purchase. i was originally looking at a dawg deluxe and the dawg primo. after riding the deluxe, and then the primo, it was a no brainer to get the primo, the shifting was way smoother and it had better cranks, deraileurs and shifters, and a better fork....so, being that i am not a twig, and i ride aggressively i figured i should think about upgrading the fork, i wanted something with a thru-axle...tani was the man, and spent a solid 10-15 minutes helping me with very few interuptions!!! (the shop was packed) i was leaning towards the pike 454 u-turn, but wasnt too sure about getting the coil or the air version. tani originally suggested the coil, but said i'd have to probably order the heavier spring, i was pretty set on getting it, but i had to consult with my good friend and mechanic, turneROB. raul was literally about to slide the coil version through the head tube and rob convinced me to go with the air, after all, it was about a pound lighter, true it did cost more, but then i wouldnt have to haggle with putting the stiffer spring in the coil version...so, tani did the math, told me the price (after getting credited for trading in the stock fox fork that came with it) and i pulled the trigger on the air version. now this led to another issue, i would now need a hub and/or wheel that could handle the 20mm "maxle"...so, i could have just gone the route of buying a new hub and having a wheel laced around it, but that would be too time consuming, lol. tani showed me my options and i ended up picking up a set of dt swiss ex 5.1d with the 440 freeride hubs, burly hubs for a burly bubb, it was a perfect match! so, i had raul (who was very helpful) install my new fork, change out the stock wheelset (which i got trade in value for) and put the tires/tubes on the new wheelset, throw on a new set of lizard skin lock-on grips, install my existing crank bro candy pedals and also toss my thomson x4 stem on the bike. i was stoked that he was able to handle this while i was there, like i said earlier, the shop was insanely swamped. i had a burger and some chips and soda while i waited. we were all chatting it up and showing off what we all bought to each other. it was funny to see craig walk out with a new fork after going there for a pair of gloves. me and willie nearly had a head-on collision while test riding in the parking lot, cool to see that you picked up that new s/s!!!

what a fun morning it was! now the next question is, when and where the new ride will see dirt?!?!??

here is a pic of the new ride. (that is my coiler boxed up behind the dawg)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  9. cH4os

cH4os LIVE IT! RIDE IT! LOVE IT

PMO
    God Damn Mutha ****ing Shit Eatin Piece of shit @#$%^&*( I missed this for Palomar!

I need, I want, I'm f'd up...

Glad you all made out...

peace~

10. genusmtbkr5

Ya Steven, It was fun times just watching everyone lay down the coin. Very nice bikes indeed. Congrats to Bret, Willie and Fired Yo momma on sweet rides. Also nice buys for all including Craigs fork err gloves for Margo. I guess I missed the kegger.

11. Tighe ridr

Tighe ridr New Member

Aircraft maintenance tech
    I wish I would have been able to take home a stumpy, but I think your talkin' bout' fired yo momma.8-[

12. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    damn sounds like fun event. missed it as was drowning in beers and bbq only a few hunderd feet from fully loop on Sunday at bro-in-laws house.

Bret congrats on new rig (you sell Coiler yet?) oh and while others may be fooled by the real reasoning you got the Primo its fairly obvious the call was soley based on color (care to remind us again whay color the heckler and coiler where):-k:lol::lol::lol::lol:, j/k enjoy and great pick. the guys at the path have always treated me right. glad the love is being spread

13. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Wow, I didn't realize there was going to be a BBQ too. Bummer, I was looking sit on a few more bikes, sounds like this would have been a perfect opportunity. Thanks for calling me a giving me the heads up of the food guys.:lol:

Sounds like most of you walked away happy...and a little lighter in the wallet. I can't wait to check out your new rides Thursday.

Did I mention I love BBQ....I must be hungry.

14. genusmtbkr5

I would've, but I didn't have your number. JK, I thought you were doing Fawnskin with steepie

15. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

I agree with Dean here!! GIRL u rock!!!:bang: and u gonna love the Single thing!! soon, gears will be a pain in the bUTT!!:lol: the old bike will collect DUST!! and u will kill everyone on the climbs!! welcome to the darkside!!:beer:

16. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    I would have but you always say youre unavailable Sundays! :)

17. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    New Bike

Its so funny I went their to pickup some tires and maybe a jersey, later I walked out with a spankin new Stumpy Comp #-o. Oh well I have been lookin to get a bike for some time now. Anyways thanks to Jordan he pretty much sold me on getting the bike from his experience. I had my eye on either the Stumpy or the Giant Trance.

I am just thinking STR people properly spent I am guessing 5 to 6 thousand? Whats the over/under? ​

Attached Files:

18. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

If the over/under is $5,000---- I WILL TAKE THE OVER!!!! :bang:

Thankfully, they had sold out of a few items or Luke would have seen to it I personally hit the "over." I am telling ya' that KID can sell. :lol::lol:

19. Collette

Collette New Member

You should've waited, for '08 the Stumpys are switching from push link to rocker link, with a new Specialized Brain Fork.

20. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    Then Fired would have had to wait another year before he could get the smokin' deal price and keep riding his hard tail. Better to buy now and enjoy it.

There's always going to be improvements in technology, if you wait for next year, you'll never get anything. Just ask Dino Brown. It took him 6 years to buy a Mac cause "oh, next year, they're coming out with "X" feature."