speed limit is off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evel Knievel, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

Now that my DH bike is getting dusty I have been thinking of ways to use it other than SS at BB.

One of my favorite rides is Old Camp at night. Back to the car there is less of a speed limit than normal being less or easy to spot users .

The DH bike will be worth all the extra effort to get it to Old Camp saddle for sunset powerbar swap and lighted bomb run.  

What do you DH'ers think , JamR  xc'rs included ?

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    I guess it would depend on how heavy your DH bike is. Mine is 45lbs and I don't think pedaling/pushing it all the way up to Old Camp would be worth it. A trail bike is just fine there. I haven't ridden mine in many months either and would sell it if the right offer came my way. Snow Summit closing really sucks :(

3. Ciaran

Ciaran New Member

Home Page:
    I'm not sure where Old Camp is but you are welcome to come shuttle Mt. Wilson with me.
    I have a group of riders that I am organizing into a DH/Shuttle group. I do have a few rules when people ride with me but they are rules about being a good rider. Us DHers need to be EXTRA courteous to other trail users. I have never had a problem with other trail users and have chatted with the ranger a few times who also rides a MTB.
    PM me if you are interisted in riding.
    I also ride a few other trails without shuttling as well.