Speaking of bike theft, aren't our bikes insured by homeowners/auto insurance?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by El Immigrante, May 22, 2010.

1. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

This has been my biggest issue. I'm trying to find coverage that actually covers what I want. I call agents (multiple from the same company) and get different answers. I try to speak to corporate and they refer me back to agents. I tried asking the claims department and rarely will I get an answer. Most of the time they refer me back to the agents.

I've tried reading some of the long policy documents and they are not detailed enough to make a determination. I'd just hate to have $15,000 of bikes on my car and get rear ended by an uninsured motorists and find out my policy doesn't cover the bike loss. This question specifically has resulted in agents giving me different answers. State Farm, Travelers, SafeCO, and Farmers agents had different answers.

As Booger mentioned above he was told their was a cap on bikes and no mountain bikes or racing bikes. I told them specifically I had a mountain bike for racing, mountain bike for fun, and two road bikes for fun. All cost more than $4,000 new. Most, but not all, said all the bikes would be insured for full amount that I paid (no depreciation).