Ride Report Southridge Winter Series Finals, March 8-9th

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by davidB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    That would be me.

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I'll have the pics up tomorrow morning? Marty had the Incycle jersey on today by me shooting but yesterday that was "Downhillphil" and Andrew "Deusxq" were also around today on the course? All your photos look great!!

Edit: Marty ya beat me to it.
    The Incycle guys (and girl) plus all the STR riders did great and Vince made it by me without incident WHEW!! ;)

3. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Almost every pic I took has Sharky in it so I'm expecting to be in a few of hers unless she already photoshopped me out.

4. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

awsome I have some good pics of sharky around lol..I met you as you were walking up the hill nice to meet you glad to put a face to a name on this thingy agian

5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Yea he's done some photoshop work from 4x...not to be shown here!! lol

6. Rockinthecasbah

lol i havent worked on that new one it will be interesting

[​IMG]
    Sorry bob it has some motion blur I'll try to fix it so its usable for you
    [​IMG]
    Kinda Squinty 4x Girls Champ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    My favorite shot today.

I might be a little in favor of Incyle but this is my favorite shot today.

Attached Files:

8. Rockinthecasbah

it needs a caption , ps what is up with the incycle groupies they just grow the red bull girls were jockin Gill and now they have you and sharky

9. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    When it comes to things like that I am that last to ask "why"

10. Rockinthecasbah

did that ride go down after that ? looks like hes a little front heavy thats why I say it needs a funny caption I heard some good quotes as people came through the middle rock garden. Maybe incycle will start making cheerleader uniforms for the groupies (PS i hope sharky reads this )

11. heatherz

heatherz New Member

12. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Photos by Heather

Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Craig

[​IMG]

Roger

[​IMG]

Denmo

[​IMG]

The happy couple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gil_caz

gil_caz JfromLV Fan Club viceprez

that race was fun. i finally didnt hold back and gave it my all and good things happend. i usually fall when i do this.

all the incycle guys were rocking it yesterday. but seriously, every body on the team did good (-adrian:lol:) but hey it happens like that sometimes.

really glad i let it out for the last race in the series even though when i finished and im still gasping for air at the bottom ricky comes up to me and said "you didnt look to fast" thanks ricky. way to let me know how you feel.

all in all, a great weekend. cant wait for the next race. bootleg any one?

14. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

There's a difference between being a groupie and friendship. Been riding with some of these guys for years and one of my closest friends plus my little buddy Brandon are on the team. Doesn't hurt that they happen to have one of the best bike shops around and a solid team that is a true family. No egos on this team and they know how to make riding/racing fun.
    Yea yea the Rickmeister is just teasing but this is why Incycle are my boys!! :bang:
    -Incycle Mom

(Just got back from jobs so will finish photos and have them up by noon)
    Hey Gil those Red Bull girls were hot for ya baby!!!

15. Rockinthecasbah

Your gonna get so tired of telling me the same speech over and over lol he he. I guess gil didnt read the part about the red bull girls.

16. gil_caz

gil_caz JfromLV Fan Club viceprez

oh ya. they dig me. but i used to work with one of them a while ago at malcolm smith. but ya, i sent her a message on myspace and told her to go to all the winter series races. this is the first time i saw them there but i know they were there before.

but ricky, that one comment doesn't get you off the hook for telling me i looked slow.and hey arent you supposed to be uploading pictures? both of you...:beer:

17. davidB

davidB Active Member

check back here at 5:30pm

18. Rockinthecasbah

im uploading it takes awhile , gonna ride the loop, you didnt look that slow you just didnt look as fast as I have seen you go.

19. cbHarping

cbHarping When can I ride again?

The Path Bike Shop Webmaster
    DH report

We made it...#5. I had a great time, and learned a lot! The course was pretty tame, which was fine by me! Just my speed. Lots of cornering work, that's for sure! The course completely changed from Saturday practice to Sunday due to the wind onset.

Sunday morning - We had a pretty awesome pit setup!
    [​IMG]

Friends Rob and Marie setting up for the day. Rob had never ridden at Fontana or done a race, so he signed up for the beginner class. Marie is also a friend from a riding group and I was successful in convincing her to give Fontana a try. She has a motocross racing background and loves DH so I knew she'd have a great time. Although next time I bring a competitor along I'll have to make sure she's not a better rider than me. ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The race went pretty well for me. I had a much better time at those opening corners on my race run, so I was pretty happy about that! I was really getting a good flow going, until that darned sharp right-hander! I had some trouble with that one before, and I wasn't prepared when it came up on my race run. Ended up tripoding the whole way down on that one.

Then I came up to a rocky straight descent into a long left hand turn, and I STOPPED right on top of it! To this day I don't know why I stopped, whether I forgot the course, lost momentum, I'm not sure. I'd never stopped there before, that's why I'm so confused as to why I stopped there on the race run. It was a horrible place to get started again, but I did and got going again.

The lower rock garden went well, and it was off to the wall. I remember thinking to myself that I was surprised how fresh I felt at the beginning of the wall, I was going to tackle it hard! Then I turned the corner and got blasted head on by the wind! All bets were off. I just pushed through it the whole way down the wall as best I could.

Marie came down to the finish line after I did, she was faster overall. She did fantastic all weekend! Turned out we were 4 seconds apart in our times! I was glad to have someone to race with, and even though I came in second, I was happy that it was only by 4 seconds. Last season I lost a race by 11 seconds, so I'm closing the gap! Woo-hoo!

Here's Rob post-race run. He did great, he placed second in his first ever DH race!
    [​IMG]

Relaxing in the pit post-race
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You know what I love best about the SRC races? The awesome people we have met and get to hang out with. It never ceases to amaze me what wonderful people we keep getting the pleasure of meeting through this sport. Here are just a few of them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

me and Eric - and Justin, where are you looking???
    [​IMG]

Here are a few podium pics - Pro women, yeah Stephanie!
    [​IMG]

Brad in Expert
    [​IMG]

Allison in super-Expert
    [​IMG]

Three more super-Expert ladies: Laura, Laura (Sunny) and Nancy (denmo)
    [​IMG]

Sport ladies - Marie and me, YEAH!
    [​IMG]

would have taken more photos from here, but the camera battery DIED because I forgot to charge it the day before. #-o

I've sure learned a lot from this race series. Things I need to work on: looking ahead number one! I've also learned that I'm pretty good at getting pieces and parts of the course but have trouble putting them together and keeping the flow going throughout. Something to work on! I'm thankful for everything I've learned this season, but I'm also ready for a REST from racing for a bit and just do some riding!

20. Rockinthecasbah

Dh pics are going up about half way through I still havent figured out what I am going to do with all the str and friend pics I hate to charge anything from people i know but I worked my Arse off saturday and sunday