Southridge Winter Series 2007

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Franky, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

I went, took my 8 & 5 year olds and had a blast. Kids also like hiking about. Hung out with Nam, and said hello to MTBRacer & Sharky.

Never attended DH races, this was very, very cool. I'll probably attend more. I liked how easy it was to move about the course, and stand within inches from the action.

We started and hung-out at the lowest techi section, and slowly moved up to the very top. We hung out for about 20 minutes at each section. I especially liked the format, that is, seemed liked there was a stream of riders for 15 minutes, then a small break, followed by more riders. Thus, a lot of action to take in.

A lot of variety out there: guy charging on a rigid, some 5" trail bikes, a lot of 6" inch stuff, and of course dudes on DH rigs, CHARGING!! And that was killer to watch. Those dudes were flying, floating over the techi sections, jumping over gaps, snapping through tight steep corners, launching off small ski jumps and connecting all this stuff!!

Oh, forgot to mention, as we worked our way up the middle part of the course I kept hearing this raw, drawn-out electric guitar, started to feel like background music. And it wasn't bad quality. Well the higher we got the louder the music got. Then I noticed the "rocker" playing electric guitar, right-there!, @mid-course, inches from the racers! He was a cross between Slash & Lenny Kravits, was a very cool touch.

Congrats to those that raced.

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
  3. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    nice sounds like fun cant wait til the 27th and 28th to race. hope the weather will die down a bit