Southridge winter series #1 Race Report (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Garrett Garcia, Jan 9, 2010.

1. TheCoorsGod

TheCoorsGod New Member

Harley Mechanic
    Pmmortuary 222n:
    Sorry about the bad shots .

Attached Files:

2. TheCoorsGod

TheCoorsGod New Member

Harley Mechanic
    TylerSkyler 59D

Attached Files:

3. Vanaerobic

Vanaerobic New Member

Did Ok.

It was my first race in Sport 27-34 so it was cool meeting new people like Pmmortuary and DynaMatt. It's always interesting meeting people in real life and associating them with their screen name.

My race kinda sucked because I wasn't aware that we HAD to go around the drop at the 3rd split. So at the start line I'm full of nerves because I never practiced that section. I started OK, those nerves kinda tightened me up in the turns at the top. Hit the "Up and Over" solid. Had to get my foot out for the loose left hander before the steep chute section. In the chute, I just got my weight back and picked my way down (definately more conservative then I would have liked, but hey, I didn't crash). Then when I got to the split for the drop, I had to come to a complete stop to make the go around (Arrrggghhh!! is what I was thinking right there). Hit the berms, then from there it was pretty much stand and pedal. I was definately cramping and seeing stars by the finish line though.

Ended up with 5th out of 22 in our class I think. Definately giving me more motivation to train though. It was nice to meet all you peeps and hopefully I'll see you at more races.

Oh, if anyone has pics of 214N, I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance!

4. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Congrats to all that won, to those that made it down safely, those who raced for the first time and heal up quick to those that went home in not so great a shape.:beer:
    First race back since the surgery last May. Saw a few faces I have not seen since '03 that are back racin', met some new ones etc etc etc ;)

Arrived bright and early Saturday for a few runs while watching the sun rise and the course felt pretty good. A bit later Rog and Nancy showed up and I went back up with them for more good times.

On Sunday I once again arrived early but waited a bit then when up and got in a couple practice runs and felt pretty good knowing all to well how the lines will change a bit before my run.

Race time and I took third:drunk: which is beter then any thing I did last winter. I was a bit sluggish out of the gate, not having the countdown I almost jump early as well because there clock was not quite as fast as mine;)
    The top portion went alright but I really took the left hander before the shoot way to slow, much slower then I was in practice but picked it up and hit the shoot and it felt just right.
    Everything seemed to be going well up until I hit the first portion of the fire road. Since I can not ride with my left foot back the right has had to take the brunt off ALL the work and when I tried to stand and pedal my right quad just screamed, "fk You!!" so I had to sit which in turn prevented me from pedaling. I then made it through the lower rock section and onto the wall where I tried to pedal and that was a bit painful but finished in good time for my class.

5. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
    So I thought I would be done by the morning. But with only about an hour of sleep I still have a long way to go.

http://bluefirepictures.com

XC is online. Super D is next, then Kids Race and 4X.

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Yes I did, 2nd in the 1st moto and 1st in the 2nd moto with the 2nd moto finish being the tie breaker. I had to pedal my butt off to pass and finish 1st!!!! It was a blast and we hope to have a few more women out for next time!!!

You looked good out their DB!!!! All the road riding looks like it has helped. Now you need to come out and practice your DH skills (even if it is only for XC racing)!!! ;)

7. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    I didn't realize so many of the 27-34's were on STR. It was my first time racing Fontana, second time racing DH ever and I managed to put together a good run and steal first. Glad I got the chance to meet a lot of you in person, just didn't add it up that you were probably members here!

8. MikeLord

MikeLord Lost in LA

eCommerce/Technical Consultant
    Home Page:
    Pictures: Southridge Day 2 (Downhill Race)

Here are my pictures I took from Sundays downhill race only. If you see any of your pictures here and would like the full size copy FOR FREE, please save the image and email it to me so I can find the original.

[email protected]

Album 1
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151472&id=176483151559&l=6e2572893e

Album 2
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151473&id=176483151559&l=151c87ceab

Hope you enjoy the pictures and feel free to share them. Let me know if anyone is having problems viewing the FaceBook Album

Mike Lord

9. denmother

Denmo's RR

Haven't had time to post until now....

Practiced DH Friday afternoon with my buds Rollingmama and Cyberdivachick. Wendy's hubby was nice enough to loan her his Demo 8 and she rocked the house!!! Also got a few 4x laps in to see if the knee/back would hold up and they did!!

Saturday, hiked up and practiced DH until 12 and had some good runs. Was happy to find out that the 2nd split was optional cause that uphill rock face was not in the cards for me!

Then off to 4x practice and then 4x racing. I missed the last few races of Winter Series because of my knee/back so it was fun to race again. I really had to earn it and definitely need to start riding at the BMX track again. It was great to race with Laura, Robin and LaLa. Looks like we will have 2 more for the next race, Mandy and Julia!!! It will be fun to have more than 2 motos!!!

Sunday DH practice was great all except for the silt shoot which had my name on it. I could not get it dialed in for the life of me so I had to dab in a few spots but did end up getting to the high line. The bottom section was fast and flowy and I was actually in my hardest gear on the wall and didn't get winded!!! And thanks to all the hecklers out there, it's so nice to be loved!!! ;)

It was good to see all of the ladies racing old and new! Congrats to Rollingmama for completing her 1st DH race and wanting to come back for more. Kudos to all of you who moved up from Beginner to Sport (Kim, Traci and Julia). Congrats to Kim for acing the silt and having a clean run!!! Traci, we missed you out there, but I am glad your injuries were minor and you were still up and waking around.

Great times, great friends, ready for round 2!!!

10. socalbrodie

socalbrodie Member

Congrats to all that raced, and thanks for posting the pictures. :)

I had hoped to make it out for this one, but was off the bike all week due to the flu.

Does anyone know if the course markers are still up?

11. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
    I was hanging out around the 4X track when the kids raced. Here are what the next pro riders look like.

If you want a full sized copy just let me know.

Attached Files:

12. MikeLord

MikeLord Lost in LA

eCommerce/Technical Consultant
    Home Page:
  13. denmother

Did I miss something, no pics, no links??? Or is my work blocking them???

Can someone send me the picture, I can't see it at work? Thanks!!!

14. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

There are two pics.

Can you see it now.
    [​IMG]

15. denmother

Thanks Mark! I see one, should there be two?

16. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Other is some Pro XC racer. If you really want to see the guy in spandex i can post that one too.:lol:

17. denmother

^Uh, no!!!

18. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Anyone got a shot or two of 46o? :beer::beer:

I really suck with names but I believe this is Jaymie:-k:?:

Not sure who was following him but great shots Mike, great sequence ...

Courtesy of Mike Lord ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant
    Yep that's Jaime :)

20. mfoga