So, let me step up, and share why I have been away (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by DirtymikeTDB, Nov 5, 2009.

1. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    I'm praying for you brother. Rest up and dont get depressed.

2. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Well, I got an email today with the first part of the results. Its pretty simple what I got but

I love how detailed the Doctors can be withere there info sometimes. Its curious though, how the hell can it come back normal, when the last one already showed the Polyps and distended Gallbladder.......How exactly do those items become normal on round three?????

Eh, guess thats why I am getting the full results from the surgeon in a week.

3. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    Dude that's totally lame. If you have time I would make an apointment just to go over results.

4. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

That would be what I already have when I get off work in one week from today!!!! Its the surgeon giving me the results and options...... You been drinking for me?????

5. reignin_stink

reignin_stink watches yardsales daily

Physical Therapy Student
    i wish you the best, i am prayin for you.

6. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Have to grab another Blood test first thing on my way in to work tommorrow.

I am told to bring food to have after, they will be making me dizzy with this one.

7. alex(K)

alex(K) Member

best wishes.
    i'll have a couple of drinks on your behalf...

8. Trailchamp79

Trailchamp79 New Member

Student
    Hope everything turns out ok for you! Don't be afraid to go to another doctor if you aren't getting the feedback and care you need. I'll be saying a prayer!

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

So check it, Got a call today...From my surgeon's office. ..... They were wondering why the hell I havent made an appointment yet????? I tell them what are you talking about, I have an appintment for monday at 445.... they say, not on our records..... So they pull up my file...Effin Appointment dept scheduled me for the WRONG EFFIN DOCTOR. So my results will be had thursday morning instead.

After changing my schedule at work to get in for the tests early, going all day without food or caffene when i could ahve waited till monday for first thing......Changed my work schedule so I could be there monday, now Its too late to change the work schedule back so I can go weds...... Gah Im just frustrated now.

So been getting a couple of opinions from other doctors as well in the meantime, mostly family friends or customers that are doctors. Gave them permission to pull my records, none of them want to say anything untill I hear from my doctor. One of them is my old doctor before we moved to kaiser.

So the good news is another symptom has come up, well maybe not a symptom, but something they have been asking me I can now answer. Yes, I get the pain when I am stressed and angry. Been in pain all day since, nothing can be done to move anything faster.

Bad news, family friend doctor tells me my eyes are getting a touch yellowish to how they are normally. Thats not great news, but he still tells me not to worry till I get the full results. He isnt so sure about it being related though to everything. He is thinking something bad, with how tender I am getting, and with how the pain is progressing, and I am too with how fast everyone is moving with this.

Well all I can say is, if it is something that is going to the "c"word side, I will be having one hell of a party/road trip of mtn biking fun on my way out.

Im happy with my life, Im not scared, a little worried yeah, but for my family over myself. At this point I am looking forward to knwoing for sure, thats really the only truly frustrating part right now. I just want to be able to know what to plan for at this moment.

Well, I will repost again thursday when I get back from the doctor.

10. jonathan

jonathan New Member

I'm a noob in here and just stumbled across your thread here - wanted to wish you all the very best , you sound like you've got good strength and your spirit is admirable. Best wishes.

11. calzone

calzone Banned

Web Whiz Looking for Work
    When one is capable of dealing with the worst, then one is ready to always plan for the best.

The symptoms you are talking about definitely sound like your liver is unhappy with you for some reason. There are so many reasons, though, only tests will help find the way. Though all liver issues are potentially serious untreated, nowadays there are plenty of treatments available for the various things.

Unless you abuse Tylenol, OTC medicines with acetaminophen, hard drugs, or alcohol, cirrhosis seems unlikely to the point of impossible. With alcohol, you'd have to be useless in all other areas of life for several years before it even comes up. I've heard that people that eat too much fatty food and cholesterol and become overweight get deposits in the liver that left unchecked can lead to cirrhosis in extreme cases.

So then there's the various hepatitis, and of course gallstones, which come in several 'flavors' and 'sizes' (my grandmother was afflicted with gall 'sand') so it's possible you could have something like that and they miss it on ultrasound.

Apparently other viruses can also cause liver problems.

Stress is the mother of all ailments. In one way or another, stress will make you unhealthy. The more you can think positively and destress, the better. Meditation, relaxation, reading a good new book or revisiting one from when you were a young kid, building a model or painting or engaging in some other artsy hobby, talking long quiet walks, telling the world "f you" if you feel a little drowsy in the middle of the day and taking off early from work or just finding a good place to take a 15 minute nap...

Anything and everything you can get away with to put your mood and well-being front and center.

Let your boss know more or less what you're going through. You don't have to give specifics, just enough to say you need to be given a little more leeway for the next couple of weeks.

I had a health crisis 4 years ago. Stress definitely made everything worse and made it impossible to get better. One thing I found, as much of a geek as I am, I destressed when I largely gave up computers. I spent my time reading and all those other things listed above.

It should go without saying, avoid fatty foods and alcohol for now. Rest your internal organs.

Breath deep, smile, thank God, and enjoy the beauty of Southern California. We're pulling for you :)

12. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Yeah I had the onslaught of questions recently....Lets see if I can list them all

Any blood....none I notice
    pain when peeing...no, funny smell though
    do you use drugs.... nope, never
    have you ever used IV drugs
    are you a tramp...nope never
    were you a tramp in hi school or college......I was a few blocks from ASU, DUH
    what meds do you use...... I dont
    do you drink heavily...... Not heavily, but on occasion.

Those are what I remember, been tested for about everything as of now, including every single STD that can remain dormant for many years, all have come back clean Etc Etc.

Just waiting for a few more results, and hopefully an answer.

13. Sheeniethemeanie

Sheeniethemeanie Go to FB to see pics!

I dont have one...:(
    Holy crap, i can't believe i missed this thread! Man i wish the best for you...just reading all of this has cause ME major anxiety. Especially waiting for results. ](*,)

14. ebenke

ebenke Member

Project Director, architecture, technical side
    Keep a positive outlook as much as possible. I hope the results are treatable, regardless, healing vibes to you.

15. Manny43

Manny43 New Member

blue collar
    Sorry to hear that Mike. Don't know you, but it sucks to be down and I empathize. Hope you get better and get back on the horse soon.:-k

16. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
    Hope it all turns out ok man. Hang in there.

17. gone2vegas

gone2vegas Crash Test Dummy

aspiring lottery winner
    any news?

18. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I have news

Good news at that, they almost know whats wrong.

They ruled out the worst which was the first and that means my liver is actually ok, and its not a ball of cancer.

Here is the diag..... My Gall bladder doesnt have a reduced function.... it has zero function, as in for some reason other than gall stones, the bilinary duct from the gall bladder is plugged. The gall bladder has a bunch of small holes in it, which explains the alcohol incident, the pain, the werewolf eyes<only happened once> it also explains the pain, the ease of brusing ETC.

So, gall bladder is comingout sometime in January, dont have the exact date yet, but this means life is good, they know what they need to do to fix it.

19. calzone

calzone Banned

Web Whiz Looking for Work
    HOORAY!!!

I had a feeling it was gallbladder related. It sounds a bit like my grandmother's situation where there weren't stones per se, but the duct got plugged up anyway.

That's great news. :)

20. jamiek

jamiek New Member

Just read this thread and glad to hear you have good news! I'm sure surgery's no cake walk, but still sounds like a pretty good outcome.