So I crashed Sunday

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by FatPossum, Apr 15, 2008.

1. FatPossum

FatPossum New Member

Auditor
    Yeah...

I am glad this happened at the end of tax season. My boss actually was upset at me for getting hurt. I don't think she appreciated at all that I came into work on Sunday BEFORE I went to urgent care. :?:

2. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

Is beer a holistic healing method?

3. b5driver

b5driver New Member

Now that's dedication. When you get back on the bike we should get together for a ride and discuss war stories (I work for a small CPA firm here in SD).

4. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

I have broke my clavicle before. I can say be careful coming back to soon. I broke mine and I wore the clavicle collar full time for maybe 2 weeks tops, and then only when I slept and maybe month afterwards I never wore the clavicle collar. Long story short about 2 months after breaking it I was back out snowboarding and after a few trips I went back for my final checkup with the doctor, the X-ray tech comes in the x-rays and asked how bad it hurt when they had me hold the weights in that arm. Come to find out the two halfs of the bone were not even touching. They had healed over but not started to mend together.

My advice it to follow the doctors advice. I know it can be hard and I very rarely follow their advice but since you have no idea how its healing and there is nothing they can do short of surgery to secure the two halfs you can be back on a bike pain free but with a incomplete clavicle and if you were to fall on it you could do a lot of muscle damage or worse.