Ride Report Snow summit 7/30/13

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by von, Jul 31, 2013.

1. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    Yesterday was my first time at the snow summit bike park and I couldnt be more stoked! It was a bluebird day..I guess there wasn't any snow so it doesn't count. The weather couldn't be better with a high of 79. There wasn't much traffic on a Tuesday.

It had a lot of fun and I was able to do all three trails again and again. West ridge, cruiser, and miracle mile were all fantastic.

One thing I did notice was towards the end of cruiser ( Miracle mile joins with cruiser ), there was a switch back with roots and ruts that turns to the right that was getting sandy. Also, the first 3 times I couldn't clear the small drop that led to the switchback. I ate it pretty well, so well that I hugged a tree.

I wiped out on the berms several times. That was because I wasn't trusting my tires and I wasn't putting the pressure down.

Overall the conditions were great and I did not have any flats. I was running F 25 & R 28 psi.

On a side note my buddy and I found it quite comical that he was rocking 50 psi front and back. He is usually faster than I am.. So when he lowered the psi, the world was in balance once again.

I had a chance to talk to the folks building the trail. Sat there for a few just chit chatting. They told me where the sketchy sections were. The trails workers have been riding as much as they can to find all the parts of the trail that needed work done.

39 bucks plus lunch? That's a deal to me. Got to ride, meet new friends, see old friends. It was a great day to be sick. :)

Apparently they get around 700-800 riders over the weekend. If you can go on a weekday.

Hope you guys have a blast out there.

2. pachaven

pachaven Member

Great report! I went up on Monday with two friends and my experience was the same. Snow Summit is a fun park and will be a great park in a couple years. I've gone to Whistler in 2011 & 2012 and SS felt very similar. My only complaint was the lack of bike trays on the lift. The SS operator takes your bike and hooks the front wheel and the bike hangs from the hook in front of you. Not a deal breaker but I did get a scratch on my Enve wheel:-((

3. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Nice! I think I nudged the tree you were referring to as well. Just before the last right hand, gouged-out switchback on MM.

@pachaven - I think they will be installing proper bike trays on the lift next year.

4. Bruce in SoCal

Bruce in SoCal Member

Lawyer (semi-retired)
    I had a great experience there last week and I did not venture beyond 2N10/Coyotte/Knickerbacher/Towne Trail. I can't wait to go back.

5. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Even with bike trays normally one bike is hanging. Until they have more bike trails they don't need to speed up the process of getting people to the top. This actually helps space people out some.

6. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    There weren't many people on the mtn yesterday, but me and another lady were there. We may have crossed paths...

We cleaned the drop, but not the switchback. ALL the trails were a BLAST! The shiat-ass easting grin will stick for some time!

Was the first time back on my Slopestyle this year (only ridden 5-6 times since feb. and on the 29er trail bike) so it took a little getting back in the groove on that bike. It WAS the perfect day on the hill, was never pushed by riders - we pulled over once or twice and we had riders pull over for us once or twice. Everyone was very friendly and lunch was great, I didn't want to stop to eat, but it smelled so good.

Can't wait to get back up there!

7. Judge Shredd

Judge Shredd Member

Professional Student
    pics or it didnt happen :beer:

8. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375288730.603815.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375288750.453060.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375288765.786120.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375288804.919629.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375288827.852948.jpg

In no order.

It was a blast! Cant wait to head back!

9. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Two girlies at BB...

This and our 'starbucks roulette' (not on purpose, we were not caffeinated yet) are all we took, we were having WAY too much fun and a short time to get all the runs in before the last lift at 4:00.

988700_10201525338245674_1963699991_n.jpg 1012246_10201525337725661_1947447444_n.jpg

10. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    There! :)

11. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    HEY! You're the guy I talked to about your Range and Fenix Cycling!

12. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    We did cross paths! Were you the young lady that was interested in the range? ;)

13. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    Yep! We finally dropped in to miracle mile after lunch. So much fun !

14. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    It was a nice pace going up. Got my own lift and laid down for a nap while frying my face haha

15. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    U should try westridge. Stay on the right and go down the ladder bridge. Grins all the way down. I promise!

16. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    Ouch! I scraped up my fork but luckily it wasn't the sanctions. But that was my fault. However, I do feel that they do try to take care of your bikes for the most part.

17. pachaven

pachaven Member

Absolutely von,
    It was a minor issue for me. After all it's a MOUNTAIN BIKE!!! :)) And it's not the first or last ding on my bike.

18. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Yep - but 'young lady' --- LUV YOU!!! ;) (I have 3 grandkids)
    Yes, I've been looking at it for the hubby - he is very hard on my bikes...

And Miracle Mile and the Ladder bridge...all of them were a hoot! The long roller at the end of MM gave me the giggles every time all the way back to the lift.

19. bleeding_novice

bleeding_novice OnNineNine

I wish I could join you guys ... look like someone had a new dropper post just in time .... :)

20. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    3 grand kids? Well I would've never known. Wasnt it such nice day too? So much fun. Grins alllllllllll the way down!