Ride Report Shimano Winter Series #2

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by denmother, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

don't talk about your mom like that brandon :lol: ;) (please dont kill me sharky :))

but it was an okay race. I friggin wadded up 10 seconds into my run and lost like 35 seconds or so, and had to do the rest of my run with way crooked bars. at least I didn't get last, and I had the satisfaction of blasting past the guy that started behind me (he passed me at my crash), and making up 11 seconds on him from the road down.

to add insult to injury, for our after-race meal, we wen to eat chinese food. my fortune cookie said "Don't worry about losing. if it happens, it is right" gotta say, it's the first time in my life I've been genuinely angry at a cookie #-o

if anyone got a picture of my crash, I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm sure it's worth about $10 to sharky. 251M if people are looking for them

congrats to Bflo, Tmac, denmo, roger, jeff, and anyone else that got a podium or just did well.

2. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

might as well post this for any other casual readers. it's in the other thread, but maybe they should be merged at some point to avoid things like this? it's worth the X-post just for the fortune cookie...

but it was an okay race. I friggin wadded up 10 seconds into my run and lost like 35 seconds or so, and had to do the rest of my run with way crooked bars. at least I didn't get last, and I had the satisfaction of blasting past the guy that started behind me (he passed me at my crash), and making up 11 seconds on him from the road down.

to add insult to injury, for our after-race meal, we wen to eat chinese food. my fortune cookie said "Don't worry about losing. if it happens, it is right" gotta say, it's the first time in my life I've been genuinely angry at a cookie #-o

if anyone got a picture of my crash, I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm sure it's worth about $10 to sharky. 251M if people are looking for them

congrats to Bflo, Tmac, denmo, roger, jeff, and anyone else that got a podium or just did well.

3. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:
    Are you the guy that wadded up in the rocks before the red turn and got up and said "I NEED A SHOE!!" If so, you made me laugh lik eno other dude, i thank you for that and congrats on passing that guy :bang:

4. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

I had fun with friends but my run was just well slow. I have never been so tired in my life. I was so tempted to just pull over before pedaling to the lower section. I felt I did good on the upper section but once I hit the saddle it went bad. I coasted to the lower rock section trying to catch my breath, made the lower rock section really good, then hit the wall. I tried to pedal sitting down but I was not getting anywhere fast. I was so glad to see the finish line.

In closing, $%% the wall in it's mother#$%*&^% wall @#$:lol:

5. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

that would be me! I personally like somebody from the crowd answering "I don't Know!" when I asked where my shoe was :lol:

did you happen to see what exactly happened? best I can figure is I caught my wheel in one of the rock crevices and just endo'd, but I'm not completely sure :?:

6. graves.z

graves.z Enduro Plebe

Quality Assurance Technician
    So my second Fontana race ever and I did better. I got third...to last.:lol: Though don't be fooled as this was an improvement over my dead last finish two weeks ago. It seemed the course may have been a bit longer than last time and I managed to get nearly the same time so I guess that means I got faster? :?: I liked the S turns before the saddle, and the lower rock garden was fun, even though I crossed them at a crawl. I guess I just need to ditch the 5inch bike and get something a bit bigger.

My poor wallet can't handle all the bikes I "need". #-o

BTW if anyone has any pics I was 273z. I wasn't hard to catch at the speeds I was going.:)

7. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

That was fun, I sucked ass up top, shortly after I pased Sharky, I started having just a crap of a run. I got frustrated at a stupid mistake on a corner I took alot of time getting nailed down this morning, and from there it just kept getting to me, blew out a couple more corners, and just couldnt get back into being comfy on the trail. Came around the corner after crossing the road, hopped the little gulley<Same one where My "oter pic" was taken> and heard more than a few people cheering for me as I came into veiw, and damn it got me back on track, blazed the lower rocks, felt super clean and fast. From there I decided to sprint the wall, stood up for the little downhillshoot into the wall, sat long enough to find the little corner and got my stomp on, it was painfull, but I stayed out of the saddle all the way to the last little shoot towards the finish, finished with a smile.

Somehow, I got eleventh, and beat Adrian on his new bike<Sorry Adrian, I now have a target on my back, so I have to rub it in>whoc came in about three seconds behind me.

Good times today

8. live_in_hilo@yahoo.com

[email protected] hilo boi

hvac
    i saw your crash and we all heard you say "where the f&%k is my shoes". glad to hear you made up all that time though. btw, heres sharky in action.

Attached Files:

• 127.jpg
      127.jpg
      File size:
      93.3 KB
      Views:
  9. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

don't worry about slow, you're having fun and improving, and that's all that matters.

if you'd like to see how you did relative to last time, compare the difference in your times to the podium for your class. also compare them to the sport class above you, since beginner class is notorious for having sandbaggers (*cough bflo cough*). that way you equalize times to compare different courses.

and don't worry about the bike either. a 5" bike will teach you to ride SO much better than an 8" bike. you too can be braapping past guys on socoms on your dawg with a little motivation and practice :bang:

10. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dang girl, that's some power you got!

11. silverspot

silverspot Go that way...

It was my first DH race ever. Ran in the sport 43-50 group and placed 4th out of 7. If anyone has pics of plate #287p let me know.

I'm looking forward to the next race already!!

12. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    OK - here's my DH RR. First DH race ever - Sport 43-50. Fairly good run all the way. Good in the rocks, conservative on most of the turns. Nice line through the bottom rock garden, but a little twisted for the final drop. Rolled it pretty slow as a result. Then I started hammering towards the wall when SLAM, nasty crash onto the last rock for no known reason. Without a chest protector I would have broken some ribs, I am sure. After sitting stunned for a few seconds, then taking stock of my injuries, I gathered up my freshly dented bike, and pedaled off after the rider who passed me. I figured I sat about 40 seconds to a minute before pedaling away. I finished DFL. :?: No injuries, so I'll be back. 321p

13. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I have no control it just puts the fear in people as they approach!!:)
    Edit: Notice the evil grin below hahahhaaa....

My buddy was rockin my GUMBY on his plate wheeeeeeeee..... (495A)

14. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army

nice meeting you today quinn!
    also, dustin, ilm supriesd you havent changed your sig to somethng about me sandbagging.
    as soon as i told you my time, the first thing you said after "i hate you," was, my new sig will be.
    Bflo is a sandbagger.

15. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

I think it was a SHARKY ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, she was right before the 3rd turn on the 4x track. that would explain all the carnage there :lol:

[​IMG]

16. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army

i saw the gumby, that was coool.

i think sharky is a great person, and has a great auro.
    yeah, she made me fall too once, but i also continue'd on to win by nearly 2 minutes in a super d race 2years ago.

17. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:

The trick is to give her a shout out as you ride past her!!! I yelled out whats up Sharky as i came up to her and low and behold i got my first podium!! :beer:

18. desertman103

desertman103 Baby racer

haha i havent met her but she also was within feet of my crash in the last race! haha :)

19. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:
    Whats your number?

20. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

If the mods combine the 2 threads can I suggest you only start on post #183 from this thread so we don't get a ton pages to go through on the RR thread.