Shameless Sale plug....

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by kdog4130, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooManyTacos

TooManyTacos Or Not Enough

Maybe they have a sale on compressed air.

Come on, man...entitled? He's a registered member of the site and said something that probably a lot of people were thinking. After all the flogging that Jax has taken on this site, I'd think you would have grown a thicker skin by now.

2. strobelite

strobelite Banned

bicycles
    our tubes are 450 a piece, and i still think that is too much.

3. Collette

Collette New Member

Amen!!:clap:

4. brownlandshark

brownlandshark New Member

All I can say is the tubes we sell are bontragers and are made by IRC. They are of good quality and the stems don't rip off the presta ones very easilly. Wholesale on those tubes is more than what jenson retails their tubes for. It's not that we're marking up our tubes that much really, it's more of the brand we buy and who we buy them from. You are limited as a Trek store as to where you can buy your stuff from.
    I have seen many shops charge the same as we do for inner tubes and I have seen many charge less. It's not like we're out of line here. If you all feel strongly enough about it to post it on a sale thread then go to www.jaxbicycles.com. hit contact us and e mail the owner and tell him.seriously. That will help. I can't change it, dutch can't change it, K dog can't change it. Please do this so instead of me saying "some people online think our tube prices are too high" He can say."Wow, lots of people e mailing me saying our tube prices are too high."
    Thanks for reading.

5. kdog4130

kdog4130 Rock it, rip it, shred it

Manager, Jax Bicycle Center
    Home Page:

Thinking......ok, I'll give you that. You would also think that after all of the flogging we have taken, people could be a bit more respectfull when we try to post some simple info, that may help out someone, and not start the wisecracks. Enough said.

As Brent said, send an email, or don't buy them. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't know what else to say.

6. kdog4130

Home Page:
    Brewmaster, have you seen EVERYTHING that is on sale? I will list the pdf sale flyer. This post was not about impressing people, or you, but rather letting everyone know that we are having a sale. There are some really great deals on closeout bikes, and tons of accesories. But again...it's all about you right?

7. TooManyTacos

You Jax guys are cool, and like I've said, I even like the stores. But it's hard for me to understand why you guys seem to feel the need to defend yourselves anytime someone says something even mildly critical. There's no need to have to defend yourselves all the time, and it really does you no favours.

8. kdog4130

Home Page:

For the same reason people feel the need to criticize us on a post that is of a helpfull nature, and started with good, positive intentions. It seems I just can't win sometimes, that's why I feel the need to defend. Hope you can understand it gets frustrating for me.:beer: And thank you for the support, I know you bought your Ferrous from Fullerton, so thank you very much. Hope you are still diggin it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  9. Collette

Collette New Member

Ken, have you heard about the ignore feature?

Anyways, I do think you're taking brewmasters comments a little too seriously. If brewmaster hated my LBS, guess what, I'll continue to go there, because I love it. Jax isn't for Brewmaster, big deal, he's obviously never going to set foot inside a Jax store ever, but you'll always get customers on a daily basis, so to put it bluntly, to hell with Brewmaster, worry about actual customers that walk into your store.

10. TooManyTacos

I don't believe they're trying to criticize YOU personally--just making general comments about things they've observed. If somebody thinks a tube is too expensive or a sale price isn't low enough, it's not a personal attack. So why get all uppity about it? As I'm sure you've discovered, if you post often enough here, there's gonna be people taking shots at you, usually in fun. But as you also probably know, the people from STR are totally cool in real life and mean no harm. Again, I don't mean to add to the criticism, but it gets pretty old to see you constantly trying to quell all criticism of your store.

There are other "industry people" here on STR who are very active in posting and in supporting the community. They don't seem to fixate on people's comments about their businesses the way the Jax folks do.

And I still think the Ferrous 29 is great! That six months is closing in on me though, so I'll have to pay for it soon.

11. kdog4130

Home Page:
    I guess my ignore feature was turned off. Thanks for the kind words. I care....wayyy to much. That is a problem I have. Been w/ Jax for 6 years.... so it's hard sometimes.

12. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

That Trek with the EVO link rides nice I checked it out. If the price is right it is worth checking out.
    The bike looks great in person.

Nice deal bringing the prices closer to reality.

For tubes I have been going to Bike Co they had a deal 10 tubes for $20. Tell them Jason sent you. Some time adrenalin has great deal like the too.
    If you call there and they don't have the deal anymore tell them Jason mentioned it. I think they will still do it. I had to start buying bulk so could afford to help people on the trail side.

13. GP_pilot

GP_pilot Epic Builder

Ok, food for thought since I started it. If you had just posted the link to the flyer, http://jaxbicycles.com/merchant/104/files/Super_SaleSheet.pdf, then folks could have gone and looked for themselves and made their own judgement and went their merry way. No different than PooFormance sending me their e-mails. Give a bad example of discounts <10% and expect some flak. Any small part items <$30 and I'm just going local to use NO gas.:)

14. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    How could I see everything on sale when in your original post you decided not to go into detail and only focus on the Trek Fuel and the free tubes?

So let me get this straight, you can criticize Jax's sales of previous years being not so super, dutch (an employee at Jax) can be less than impressed with your sale, but somehow I am out of line for saying just about the same thing? :?:

I must beg to differ on this one only because I have had 3 Bontrager 29er tubes seperate from the valve stem in the past 3 weeks. No pinch flats, no holes, just the valve stem coming out. I put in another brand of tube after the last flat and so far things are all good. Maybe I got the few bums out of many great tubes, but you can understand why I am less than thrilled about Bontrager tubes.

As for wholesale pricing, it sounds like you are in a tough place. It does seem odd though that Jenson sells the exact same Bontrager 29er tube for $2.50. :?: It's not on their website, but I bought one Jenson's Corona store a few weeks ago (which subsequently had the valve stem seperate).

15. katonk

katonk .

This whole Jax thing is heading in the wrong direction. I say we all agree to start all further Jax threads in the Chumba section at MTBR.
    :beer:

16. CalEpic

CalEpic member

This is getting out of hand.

Before anyone posts a reply that could be considered negative on a Marketplace ad please think about how you would feel if you were trying to sell something. I don't think the Marketplace forum was ever intended for the back and forth open dialogue of the other forums.

If you feel the need to bash a shop there's a bike shop review section for that.

17. brownlandshark

brownlandshark New Member

18. ghixon

ghixon Look Ma - No hands!

Sales

19. guero

guero iFroth

alright bubbs, im gonna lock'er down now. most everything that needs to be said has been said. if you have any more questions and/or comments about the JAX sale, drop one of their employees a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.