SD Fire:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sladnas, Oct 21, 2007.

1. sladnas

sladnas Gumby

It was an Ovation acoustic. Gah...what a great sounding thing it was. I'm not too much a fan of electric--thank you for the generous offer though. :)

2. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    A LEO friend of mine was obviously on duty during the Witch fire storm. He just posted some "behind the scenes" photos.

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/Huntndogs/

On page two there are a few photos of a crashed helicopter which I never heard about. According to my bud:
    There was one pilot and three observers on board. They were employee's of SDG&E and were inspecting the power transmission lines in the area. The pilot said they fell from about 150 ft. All were standing in the road when I arrived, dazed, but otherwise un-injured. Amazing Huh? Two of them ended up being transported to the hospital anyhow.

Later that evening, after the FAA released the chopper back to the owner, we got word that while the owner and a recovery team he called in were loading the chopper onto a flat bed, it fell and rolled over onto the owners legs. He was life flighted out to a local trauma hospital. Go Figure.

Amazing stuff............