Road Ride Santa Barbara to OC...again

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Rob, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Looking to put together another ride from Santa Barbara to OC. Last time was more fun than my first time doing this, so maybe it'll be even more fun with company :bang:

I'm open for any Sunday and Monday after Interbike, except from between Oct 6th through the 16th when I'll be on vacation bikepacking in AZ.

Plan goes like this, get to Irvine train station before 7:30 AM Sunday morning, catch the 7:40 train to Santa Barbara. 34 bucks.

Get to SB at 11:30 AM and have lunch and then ride 70 miles to Leo Carrillo State Beach. Camp at Hiker biker site-3 bucks. Neptunes Net is right before the campground and makes awesome food, and has a good selection of beer. :beer:

Ride a century home the next day.

Here's a Ride Report from the last trip.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/for...a-barbara-irvine.html?highlight=santa+barbara

I have an extra 2 person tent that weighs ~5lbs if you need a tent. You could also just bivy, but there can be mosquitoes.

I also have some extra compression bags that can be used attached to any handlebar.

You may want to buy a rack to hold another compression bag on the rear rack plus the tent poles.

2. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Looks like I'm going to do it again on Nov 1st and 2nd or November 8th and 9th if anyone would like to go.

3. SDstumpy

SDstumpy New Member

Engineer
    I'm definitely interested...I need to look into buying a tent and sleeping bag tho.