San Juan Trail - your usual route?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by ECOdork, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Just trying to get an idea of what people's usual solo and shuttle routes at SJT are....
    :-k

2. RC

RC New Member

Meat Cutter
    solo means doing the climb,ones youre on top theres a few options.same goes for the down hill.

3. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

Well we're going this saturday and we're going to start from the bottom and go up. The Dh is a reward for the hardwork we did :lol:

4. RC

RC New Member

Meat Cutter
    when you get to the top(cocktail rock) roughly six-seven miles,there is a fork(most people turn around here)if you take the left(i think is old san juan) follow the trail(2-3 miles) to the T interseccin,thats new san juan.you take a right and stay right at the 2 spurs to the left(thats the chiquito trail,thats another story for a another day,is an awesome trail as well) you are going to comeback to the fork,take it straight lower your seat and enjoy the awsome downhill! that should give you about 16-18 mile round trip.i think it was about a 3hour ride last time i did't that way somewhere in there,taking a couple nice breaks to enjoy the view,you gotta do that at san juan, what a place! enjoy buddy.

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Doesn't make sense to me to ride all the way up there and then not do Chiquita.This is almost as fun as the ride back down SJ.All in all this is one of the easier rides.Climbing is good,but not killer and the descent is,well,one of the best.