San Gabers!

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by Rossage, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I'm looking for info regarding a couple of trials that I haven't ridden in a while. Anyone been down/up Stone Cyn or Grizzly flats. I'm pondering a route up Lukens, down Stone, up Grizzly and back to the 2.
    Thanks

2. jamiek

jamiek New Member

I haven't personally been down Stone Canyon but frequently ride up Haines to Lukens. I ran into another rider who did Stone Canyon back in Oct/Nov and said it was in decent shape. Old info and second hand but maybe helpful? Good luck!

3. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Been a few months but we did a ride that started at the lower Fire Station on Highway 2, up Lukins over the Grizzy Flats. I took a bonking rider out. Others dropped down to Clear Creek Fire Station over to Switzers and down the Gab to JPL.

Was not a ride I like much we did it because there was a accident and highway 2 was closed.

Dean

4. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Yeah any kind of accident just stops the 2. got to get out early or go weekday.

5. kanga

kanga Active Member

Similar to Steppies route, I did grizzly-hoyt that was part of a bigger loop last year. We started at JPL and climbed up to the highway and on to mt lukens, grizzly, hoyt, down to switzers, up the gab to red box and around strawberry to colby canyon then all the down the gab.

I think you can find it on motionbased by searching for grizzly hoyt.

6. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

The downhill on Stone shouldn't be a porblem but what about uphill on Grizzly?

7. kamaekia

kamaekia Overpaid Grunt

Actuary
    Home Page:
    I rode the Grizzly flats fireroad before the rains and the fireroad itself was in fine shape. I also rode the Hoyt trail a few weeks back after the first big rains and the trail itself was in good shape, but lots of downed branches and even a few trees toppled over. I haven't been on the stone canyon trail.

8. brownlandshark

brownlandshark New Member

Never descended stone. Climbed it a few times on and off the bike the whole way. Looks like a fun downhill. Stone canyon trail continues and will drop you all the way down the fireroad near haines canyon. That section is seldom ridden but fun.