Race Report San Diego Multi Park Marathon

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by TreeTopMike, Sep 11, 2011.

1. TreeTopMike

TreeTopMike New Member

Great Race Robert and R&C crew! It was a great course and the weather could not gave been better!

2. oalmaguer

oalmaguer xc.Omar

Sales
    my 3rd attempted at finishing a 50 miler and i did it. the last fire road climb was really a monster. i thought the course was awesome. thanks to robert and his crew for putting it all together. looking forward to the next R&C endurance race.

3. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Excellent work everyone who finished and for those who tried and almost made it...you'll finish it next time. The first couple are the hardest until you learn how your body reacts....the last climb just felt steeper than it actually was, I think it only got to 7%-8% near the very top...and mile 48...finished in a little over 4 hours and was disappointed to get passed by quite a few guys in the last couple of miles...the bells will be back for the next Racers and Chasers Marathon. I like the Sycamore format a little better...especially since I don't really get to ride any of the trails down in San Diego so I get to re-live the best parts over and over and there's very little head-on traffic to worry about from other racers.

Aaaaaaand just looked at the updated results....dammit! Had 1st in class (Sport 30-39 Men) if I'd only decided to push myself to puke instead of holding just short of it.

Good job setting everything up Robert...add my