Rude La Habra Cyclery Rider on the Fullerton Loop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by 2wheel_lee, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson My loop, my rules!

Pizza Maker/Delivery Driver
    Home Page:
    I half seen that guy,befour. I caught up to him and he wouldunt let me pass so I crushed my empty beer can and threw it in his spokes. He wanted to fight me but I had to be at Dominos for work in fiffteen minutts.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. member

I steal bikes
    I usually like too take credit for this type of thing, but this time I'm fairly certain it wasn't me.

3. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    'America! F*ck yeah!' STR is on the case!

Attached Files:

4. kentonn

kentonn Rage against the Mods

Actually he has a good point. This is an awfully big thread for the behavior of one person acting like an idiot. We run into people like this on a daily basis under many circumstances.

5. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    Yes and sometimes groups of them, but everyone's fundamental wish is to be heard and understood.

6. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

And if you think you've been wronged, or others around have been put at risk, don't you think it's worth mentioning?

Many people spend a lot of time on this board discussing far more useless topics. Remember this: The city officials have received many complaints regarding rude riders on the Fullerton Loop. One of those people at one time got so mad at mountain bikers that he started sabotaging the trail, putting riders in harms way. If I weren't a mountain biker, and I saw this rude bike rider do what he did, I wouldn't blame the guy for sabotaging the trail. If you ride the Fullerton Loop, this guy put you at risk of trail sabotage, or even worse, possible physical assault. If you think this idea is nuts, you should read about what happens in other areas. As an example, I was nearly close-lined by a wire while while riding my dirtbike about a mile away from someone's ranch out in the middle of the desert. Somebody pissed somebody off, and I almost paid for it.

Who knows...maybe this did get back to that guy from someone at the shop. And who knows...maybe he just said "f-it." Does it hurt to try?

7. kentonn

Sure. I think the thread is useful in several ways. The first and most important is that people new to mountain biking have the opportunity to learn about acceptable and unacceptable behavior. The second is that word may get back to the rider and possibly but less likely he will be a little more courteous in the future. That was pretty much covered in the first few posts. Seems like everything else is just beating a dead horse IMHO. :)

True that.

8. norcal_is_flat

norcal_is_flat New Member

Reminds me of a Celo Pacific rider who bitched out my buddy for...ready for this? Wait for it...passing too close!. And he didn't even touch the guy. It was the day of the VQ and we were riding back to Tustin Ranch after spectating on Motorway/Maple Springs. We were cruising down Jamboree and we rolled up on this Celo Pacific rider. I jumped to go for the town limit sprint and my buddy was right on my wheel. We pass the rider and weren't even close to the guy and he lets out a yelp. We turned right onto Pioneer and the guy stays on Jamboree grumbling. I asked him if there was a problem and he turns and rolls up to us screaming "Hey DICKHEAD!!!" (to my buddy) and says "Don't ever pass that close to me again, cause you'll have a problem". I told him to have a good ride and he stormed off. So to all of you part time roadies...watch out for this angry Celo Pacific rider and don't get too close!!!

9. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!
    [​IMG]

10. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    double. nm.

11. Jmoe29er

Jmoe29er Member

VP Music Accessories Distribution
    Home Page:
    These type of events always baffle me. I am fairly new to MTB and enjoying all of it, however some of the riders I incounter are just beyond understanding? No hello's no nothing just ripping by without a care? Are they social cripples? the kids who were picked on in school? I always try to be kind to everyone out there it's not hard..climbing is hard!! It is interesting to try to get into their heads now and agian. Maybe I just need to ride with more STR peeps!!! They seem to " Get It":beer:

12. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!
    Dont you know this is the offical club of the satans helpers!

13. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer
    So has he been a douchebag for the same amount of time?? or has he been one since birth??

14. norcal_is_flat

norcal_is_flat New Member

Just checked the dates. Yeah OK, I'm the thread resurrector. Guilty as charged. What can I say...trying to get to 25 posts so I can sell some of my goods. Trying to tell actual stories rather than posting junk.

15. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
    ease up with the La Habra bashing, they are great guys.
    was this the same guy running people off the trail at SAN Juan?:?:
    also in this thread and the "run me over fest at San juan" the thread starts to smell like a pinkbike thread...disrespect statring to rear its head.
    A-holes come in many wrappers but they are all a-holes. XC,DH,SS,uni-cycle.
    the sad part is the hikers that were on the loop have no clue all they see is an a-hole on a bike.

16. 27tat27

27tat27 Two Wheels One Pilot

Offroad fabricator
    Screw that rider did you see the frog by the lake...???
    He looks like TROUBLE...!!!!:bang:

Attached Files:

• frog.jpg
      frog.jpg
      File size:
      80.7 KB
      Views:
  17. kentonn

Like Geronimo said "Roadies are like equestrians, you have to stop and let them pass or you may spook their bikes".

18. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Can't say that I know anything of the roadie incident, but I can say that I've had people try to pass me without enough speed when they get into the wind, not knowing/realizing that they are drifting into my front wheel as they scoot over a bit.

If your friend was behind you, how do you know that he didn't do a bit of a wheel chop easing into your line before clearing the other rider?

I don't mean to defend the other cyclist, but have seen this several times by people who just don't know how to judge distance/speed of roadies (check out some crits if you don't think it could happen--even pros do this when they're lax/sprinting/just plain not paying attention to their wheel).

My point is, if someone accuses you of riding unsafe, check your actions before lashing out against them for their anger. I'm sure the LHC guy thought he was just fine and Lee was just an a-hole, too.