Rude La Habra Cyclery Rider on the Fullerton Loop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by 2wheel_lee, Aug 7, 2008.

1. BSki

BSki New Member

Engineering Analyst
    BURN HIM!!!!

I say we tatoo him, then we hang him, then we shoot him.

2. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider

Oh Shiet.. Thanks Bski, this made me laugh.

Muttering in a low voice.. "I say we let him go."

3. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    I've already asked him on the trail and obviously he won't listen. By confronting him I don't think it would do much good besides starting an argument and even possibly a fight. That's not what we are about. The reason I went to talk to everyone nice and loud is simply to show that he is making no friends behaving the way he does. He just stood there all by himself every time just looking around thinking he is cool. By use being normal and having a great time goes a long way to show these dumb asses just how lame they are and what dumb things they do won't affect us negatively at all......hopefully they'll realize that. Maybe one day they'll wake up one day and go hey I feel lame standing there all by myself trying to be cool, maybe they'll change and even try to slow down and join the cool group. 8-[

4. slapshotz

slapshotz Member

Isn't riding a mtn bike in socal like driving a car in socal? Meaning that you're going to run into some idiots no matter how hard you try not to. I don't like dealing with rude people, but i figure it's just part of life. :?:

5. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    There is the STR group and usually that's the biggest group.

Then there is the old Bike beat group, Crash dave, Crazy bill and others.....they've been riding fully for many many years.

Then there is the chumba group.....whom I ride with because they got me back into biking and started riding fully with on thursday night.

Some time hank at Fullerton bicycles ride there with some people.....if you see a bunch of asian people with giants and some specs...that's them.

But the first 3 are the longest and most consistent groups that ride fully on thursday nights. All of them are very nice people although the old bike beat and chumba groups are not riding at social pace.....it's all good. :beer:

6. mtnbkr818

mtnbkr818 Member

You all sound like a bunch of cry babies. There are people like that every where.

7. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

You came out of your hole to say this? Seriously? Are you really that clueless? You can crawl back into your hole now. Somehow I suspect you're related to the a-hole or are the a-hole.

8. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    You're right. We're all crybabies. Especially my new to the sport wife and 11 yr old daughter as well as a dozen or so newbs in STR that I care deeply about (including Ko-san).

So, EVERYPLACE and EVERY TIME I encounter some A$$hat that endangers members of my family, our group, and other people we share the trail with, I feel compelled to say something even if it's something like "Sorry, he's NOT with us" to the poor other crybabies on the trail so that they'll know that STR or Fullerton Bikes jerseys mean we're "cool people". Not like "most" mountain bikers they meet. Let's be the exception(al), not the NOrMOREal.

You dig?

9. carbonman

carbonman Captian of BIG RED

what's that?????
    It is a sad thing to see this happen. If it was Chad, I think I met him a couple of times through a friend of a friend kind of thing. He didn't seem like a jerk, but when you are in the racer mode that kind attitude happens. Thats why I don't race anymore, and the fact that I'm slow, fat, and out of shape. I don't know why somebody would be such a jerk when out riding with their team jersey on. I just hope that nobody ever does anything stupid in a STR jersey, that'll mean that we're all jerks:lol:.

10. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    So since there are people jumping off the cliff all the time you are one of those would jump off with them too right?:-k

or since there are people killing people all the time that mean it's ok to kill people too right? I mean yeah we are just a bunch of cry babies if some body drive by and spray some bullet....it's LA after all.:-s

11. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

The funney thing was his comment. He was sure about the luge and STT to be open 100% to the public and that he even knows a ranger that had confirmed this shiiatt!!!:lol: i was like Ohhh and you ride there all the time? He was like yes I do!! and I ride for this shop too!! #-o DID I miss something? are those trails open now?:?::-k

Nope.....still closed......100%.

12. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Chad Vader....

13. fortytwo

fortytwo Don't Panic!

Business Manager
    Jim at LHS has given me some great deals on frames so I bought one of their jerseys. I know they sponser a team at 24 Hours of Adrenalin, but they are all good guys and no Chad in the group. With the size of their shop I doubt that they sponser any pros. They don't show anything on their website. I think the guy just got a good deal and bought a jersey. No need to dis the shop.

14. fortytwo

fortytwo Don't Panic!

Business Manager
    Just talked to Jim at La Habra Cyclery. They don't sponser any riders and he doesn't know anyone named Chad.

Chad Vader the day manager?

15. KBL

KBL Powered by chocolate

If he is a sponsored rider, then this would be an appropriate time to curtail or cut said sponsorship.

Sponsorship, after all, is supposed to help the sponsor's image.

16. Lone ranger

Lone ranger Guest

I have run into several of these La Habra guys on diffferent trails around O. C. and have gotten the same atitude from every encounter. Nice fellas aren't they.

17. adrianko43

adrianko43 New Member

La Habra Cyclery is the best!!

18. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

This is not an issue of La Habra Cyclery and whether or not it's a good shop. It's merely a matter that a rider that represents them (even if it's not a full sponsorship, but a buddy of the shop who gets a discount) is a poor representative of the mountain bike community. Sure, his wearing of the jersey reflects badly on the shop, but the shop itself isn't necessarily bad because of this, unless this behavior is typical of their shop rides, and there were a few fast riders Thursday night wearing a La Habra Cyclery jersey (was it a shop training ride?).

But really, this isn't about dissing the shop, but only that they should be ashamed to be associated with that a-hole.

19. Squid Ro

Squid Ro New Member

I do Windows... on VMware.
    Like FortyTwo, I know Jim at La Habra Cyclery. I've done business with them for over 17 years. He just built me a bike, and both he and Brian are very cool and respectful people. :clap:

I don't think one incident is worth bashing a shop, especially if the rider isn't sponsored or employed by the shop! #-o

I"m sure now that they know of this incident, they will be looking out for this guy just like the rest of us.

20. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Nobody is bashing the shop. Just the asshat who was wearing a LH jersey.