RR: "12 Hours Of Temecula" Final Update/Merged Threads

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by ranoaclan, Nov 11, 2008.

1. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Great snaps, shud!

2. danlorek

danlorek New Member

you'd be surprised (i was)... that's why i posted the info. an area where i could see a ton of people losing time were the sharp downhill sections where you could stay off the brakes and pretty much roll up the 40 foot steep climb after without too much pedal input. i'm not sure of the official timing, but my friend who was keeping track had them at most of their laps sub hour except for their nite laps and a broken chain.

3. whybother

whybother New Member

the pros go fast uphill and down, and all on very little travel.

the top two of pro solo female did 1hr laps almost all day long, the winner was riding with an angry inch in back!

the top three pro solo men were doing sub 1hr laps all day long.

EDIT: having suspension on that course won't do anything to make you faster, but it certainly can help with fatigue.

those that rode the course know what a feat that is. i ride that course every thursday night and to get one sub 1hr lap is a big effort, i know i couldn't do 10 or 11 of them!!!!!!!!

4. Donny

Donny (R.I.P) Formerly Devoid169

Sales - Abrasives
    Just wanted to chime in before the thread got buried.... I had an excellent time at this event and highly recommend it to any and all riders. When you're part of a relay team, you just get out there and kill it the best you can for 10 miles at a time, then you get a long rest and do it again, and maybe again depending upon your team size and speed. It's a cool feeling heading out for a lap hearing everybody in the STR tent area cheer you on as well as when you come back in.
    A big THANK YOU to the following people: Neil and Traci for sharing their campsite and hospitality, team Captain Jay (for making me go out for lap 3 just because) for setting the team up/organizing and asking me to fill in for Pugz who couldn't make it. Duke, Zack, JoJo and Jay for turning great laps and encouragement all-around in the pits - Go Team Molasses!! Chris and Dave for their wrenching/maintenance help which was real cool - they'd just take your bike away from you when you came in and start going thru it and cleaning the drivetrain asking if there are any specific issues we wanted addressed. Awesome! After-race tacos by Duke/Qinyu were awesome - I has about 9 of them. Also, just being a part of the whole scene there was great. Got to watch some amazing endurance riding by Neil, Carl, Troy, Doris, Weyland (who quietly rides circles around us all), Allison, Mario, Shannon(?) and many many others I am forgetting to squeeze in here on my lunch time.
    January is the next 12-hour event and I'm considering doing it solo. Crazy? Nah, just want to get out there and see how far I can go. Will post some pics later tonight that I took of the event. Once again - thanks to all who were there, I had a blast.
    Donny:beer:
    PS - also wanted to add that a broken spoke and 2 crashes on lap 2 was just part of the fun. The REAL fun came on my last lap with JoJo where I ate it big time, breaking off my seat with 5 miles to go. The guys at the aid station didn't have duct tape or zip ties, but they did have rags to tie around the exposed seat rails. (still didn't want to come anywhere near those protrusions...so I had to stand-up single-speed style the rest of the way back in. Great times!

5. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

So, the 12 hour site has been updated (i.e. the race we did was just moved off the page) but no results yet...

6. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School

Jason posted this on the news page

11-17-2009 Hello racers and support crews, the final race of 2008 was an amazing success! With the
    amount of racers and industry support we set the standard for all other SoCal mountain bike races to follow! It
    was awesome to be a part of such a great experience. I truly appreciate the support and dedication you all
    have to Southern California Mountain Biking! Please be patient we are working hard on getting your results up
    and posted. We should have things going real soon! If there are any issues with the posted results please
    contact me asap so we can get things fixed! Also stya tuned I will post up the links to the photos for the event.
    The event photographer is working hard to get everything loaded and ready for you!
    Registration for the 1st SoCal Endurance race of 2009 is up and running. The date for the 1st
    "12 Hours Of Temecula" 2009 is JANUARY 24th
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

7. mr.hobbs

mr.hobbs New Member

Solid Gold dancer by night. Green Peace chairman b
    12 Hours Of Temecula" 2009 is JANUARY 24th [/quote]

....and the count down starts.

8. davidB

davidB Active Member

^seriously...

who else is in for the first time? :-s

Any slow teams? haven't decided if i want to do beg. solo or a team of some sort. :-k

9. dubjay

dubjay Having upgraditis is OK

Work for publisher of fashion magazines
    Home Page:
    If you're seriously looking to test yourself, go for beginner solo. I heard a bunch of sandbaggers got kicked out so you should be all good for January.

10. AnthemRider22

AnthemRider22 New Member

Analytical Chemist
    that was an awesome day. I didn't race but I got to test ride a trek top fuel 9.9 ssl, an Ellsworth Moment, and an intense spider 29'er. I ride an 18.5" anthem 1, and the only size trek had was 17.5" so that may have ruined my opinion on the trek, but it was still light and the suspension (actually integrated into the chainstay) worked awesome. I liked the Ellsworth the best. The six inches of travel didn't flex at all on the climbs, but the bike felt kinda heavy. But it was sooooo much fun on the downhills. I race xc, so slamming into 6" to 1ft. rock drop-offs (I took dragon's back for those familiar with vail lake) was super fun. I honestly didn't like the feel of the intense 29'er. Felt heavy and sluggish (probably because it had 29" wheels) those may take some time getting used to.

11. ranoaclan

ranoaclan New Member

Wuz Up Str!!

I just wanted to chime in a quick Mahalo ( THanks ) to all of you for supporting our little race series! You guys rock!:bang: I am almost doen with the results. I have to hand them off to GEOladders to get them posted. They should be up in half a day or so!
    Well that was a quick break now its back to the results!
    Have a great day you all! You did great out there at Vail!
    Jason

12. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    It will be my first time....in a different division:lol:
    David, don't you dare race beginner solo, you can easily hang with the sport crowd so go ahead and sign up already!

13. davidB

davidB Active Member

speed maybe, riding my bike for more than a couple hours in one day seems like an impossible feat.

5 laps = 50 miles?!

f that, who's got a 12 man team going?

edit: how can there be a Beginner 12 hour "anything"?

14. shudder

shudder no big deal

Sr. Systems Administrator - Disney Animation
    Home Page:
    ^ C'mon, dude. My 12 year old did 6 laps! (I love saying that!!)

Yeah, yeah, I only did 3, but I'm old and slow.

- shud

15. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
  16. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

ya, i heard they need more sandbaggers to fill in the empty slots so you will fit right in

17. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    I heard they were going to force thos guys to go to Expert because they are putting out too many laps. :lol:

18. davidB

davidB Active Member

huh? :?:

anywho, i'm looking at the results and it seems that 5 laps at least is the norm? #-o

yeah, i think i'll stick to doing sport 14 miles at SRC that day

19. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    well, we all will understand, endurance racing isnt for everyone, 14 mile beginer at SRC will be a good ride for you :wave:

20. davidB

davidB Active Member

14 is sport [​IMG]:(