RR: 04-17-08, fullerton loop

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by faded1004, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faded1004

faded1004 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    just wanted to say that the fullerton loop has turned out great. if anyone is wondering, the trails have been cleaned up very well. the hole at the end of the golf course has been cleaned up, and some one put in a few jumps here and there across the whole trail.

i think the only warning i will give is on the last half, the trail is a bit bumpy and hard with some soft dusting of dirt. so, beginners might need to be careful with their speed, cause my wheels were sometimes coming off the floor... as i speed downhill... and when i braked, the rear wheel would lean towards the little holes...

not sure if anyone noticed, but there is a ladder thing now in the part right after the tunnel!!!! dude, that thing was so fun!!!!! i want to go tomorrow morning to bring my camera and take some pics... i had to write a review because i had so much fun and i couldn't wait for the pictures.

i started around 11:30 and got back around 1:30. i think it was great! actually there was alot of shade so it was pretty nice. please make sure you have enough water still...

in terms of my bike setup:

the new wheelset i have for trail:
    2.5 continental diesel
    mavic 325
    2.4 wtb mutano
    mavic 321

oh man, i didn't have to hike my bike up the hills!!!!! i had very good traction through out the whole trail... got alittle crazy on those hard bumps with the dust near the end. learned good brake control on my new 203mm rotors, and i felt confident slowing down on all the little extra credit trails.

2. faded1004

faded1004 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    since i din't get to take pics i went this morning and took a few... oh yea, i enjoyed another nice ride too...

there was alot of shade and wasn't too hot at all...
    [​IMG]

a nice fun part... it is actually pretty steep... was scared when i did it yesterday... but still fun...
    [​IMG]

thought i would show off my hub... i know alot of people like to take this shot... i know i don't have a hope or super nice hub... but... this will be good for me! i love it! yes, i am still battling for all xt gear... and i am winning!!! hahaha...
    [​IMG]

bicycles downhill now!
    [​IMG]

i kinda blocked the road for 2 bikers... so sorry... i hope they aren't mad... i just wanted to take a nice picture...
    [​IMG]

ooo, secret extra credit!!! i went straight down the center... until i hit the curved log, and i hopped off about the middle of it... pretty fun, i went back and did it twice...

***WARNING***
    i agree this mod is dangerous... it only has 3 nails holding up the ladder pieces... please be aware that it looks weak in my own eyes.
    [​IMG]

ooo... did i come down this? where does this come from... the heavens?
    [​IMG]

i know i haven't been able to join the night rides. rest assured i do want to join again... i just need to work on some special things to keep me safe on the ride... want a hint?

do i see twin headlights? do i see 228 lumen leds? watchout... i see fun ahead!
    [​IMG]

here is my rear light, i wanted to try this... 1watt led with driver on board...

pretty cool idea, but i need more time... got a 4 x AA carrier and stuff, just need to wire up and stuff... i cut up the inside, and sanded it down so the led would fit snug. of course i am going to use a red reflector, just want to test it with the white first... low power so no need for heatsink, if my calculations are correct...
    [​IMG]

here you can kinda see it through the reflector, it is a nice tight fit...
    [​IMG]

anyways, so this was taking so long... i dropped by the path and picked up this... i am so close to being night ready for the night easy rides...
    [​IMG]

3. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

Thanks for the pics! It was awesome last night.

4. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Shadetree Carpenter Warning!

1) Your new wheelset should be bombproof+ :clap:

2) That last thing looks dangerous to me. Good thing it's near the ground. If you don't stay right over the log underneath those treads will be coming loose :eek: or the log will roll over to the side.

Thanks for the RR.

5. faded1004

faded1004 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    okay, i put up a few more pics... and better captions... thanks for looking!

i think it will be a nice setup! the whole wheelset has worked out great...

yea, i agree... i didn't put a warning cause i was running out to have dinner with the GF... so becareful guys!

yea, i will join the night rides soon! i just need to take care of a few things before i can join you safely...

6. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

The Planet bike superflash is a nice taillight, though it might be a bit too bright. :lol:

7. faded1004

faded1004 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    too bright? good for me, bad for bikers right behind me... may be i will point it down so people behind me can see the floor...

8. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Did you get the System X6 or the new X8 lighting?
    If it is the X6 be sure you charge it over night (8+hrs) before the first use and ALWAYS leave the battery hooked to the charger when not in use.

Great pics as well. That "ladder log" looks a bit suspicious. I see they took a bit off the top of the log, should have left it at that.

:beer:

9. faded1004

faded1004 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    yea, i bought the x6 light... i plan to mess around with it after i make sure the battery and other items check out... i am thinkin gabout giving it about a week or two of use before modding it... i do know about the battery issues, so i am charging it for like 12 hours, and i am going to cycle it a few times and find out how long the battery lasts... hopefully i can get close to the stated amount...

actually, i think that would have been a good idea to just shave off the top only... it would have been alittle more technical and safer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.