Romero Canyon Trail, Santa Barbara....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Jackson, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Jackson

Jackson Member

Doin Stuff
    I was up in Santa Barbara this weekend visiting some family so I decided to go by the local bike shop and get the scoop on a good trail. The guys at Velo Pro Bike shop were very helpful, and suggested I check out Romero Canyon Road and Romero Canyon Trail.

This was a great ride with a 6 mile ascent to get things rolling. A little fire road to start and then a single track climb very similar to Monroe Truck trail for those of you who are familiar. The great appeal of this ride was the views of the pacific. From early on in the climb you get a great view of the coastline, Santa Rosa Island and San Miguel Island.

Once the climbing is done you get a great, technical descent with tons of rocks, roots, creek crossings. At one point you drop 1100 feet in 1.2 miles:bang:....steep and chunky.

I planned on taking some great pics...but the batteries in the camera were dead of course, so cell phone pics will have to do.

IMG_20130915_072922_091.jpg IMG_20130915_082303_673.jpg IMG_20130915_082323_122.jpg