rode big sycamore / point mugu - aug 18th

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by LBmtb, Aug 19, 2005.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Rode this place with Alan yesterday. Beautiful f'ing day and the trail was absolutely great. Although this was both our first times there so we can't really compare to past conditions, the trail seemed in great condition to us.

No deep loose dirt to worry about, no hike a bike anywhere, etc etc. We loved this trail, awesome singletrack, great 'double-track' climbs that are actually fun (sorta fireroads that are becoming singletrack), gorgeous scenery, killer climb (hell hill) and even a fast stretch of paved road towards the back on Ranch center road. Has just about everything I could have asked for.

I ended up with 5 mosquito bits even though I wore bug spray. Dont think alan got any though.

Only thing is that it was a 2 hour drive ](*,)

I uploaded pics to the album in 'santa monica mountains' or check here for the complete pictures (I think there's like 34) http://www.socaltrailriders.org/archives/sycamore/index.html

O ya . . . does anyone know the mileage on that ride? This is the route we did . . . http://www.singletrackmind.com/Trails/Big Sycamore Canyon/Hell-Hill-Route-Map_769X863.gif

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    What, no pic of you kissing the Yeti this time :?: j/k Looks like a fun trail. Any technical stuff?

3. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Nice shots guys. I want to check out that area too! Are you guys riding tomorrow?

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    The singletrack (good amount) was fairly technical. It's not rattlesnake type technical but enough turns, rocks and such to keep your attention. Def. worth the drive to try it out at least once (although I didnt actually do the driving this time).

5. TheFarLeft

TheFarLeft New Member

GPA Slave
    If you liked that ride, I'd really suggest doing the Kanan Dume - Corral Canyon singletrack if you haven't already ridden it...

It's south of Pt. Mugu and the best ride I've ever done. Miles of foresty singletrack mixed into the more shrub/arid singletrack. It's got tons of switchbacks and technical/rocky sections. Plus its always either uphill or downhill, so it never gets boring.