Roadie Attitude

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Cilantro13, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manny43

Manny43 New Member

blue collar
    *Sigh*8-[...my brother is a roadie. He thinks he owns the damned road, is an a-hole, and has a bad attitude. To make matters worse, he rants about how easy mountain biking is compared to road biking, even though he's never pedaled a mountain bike. He swears at motorists, runners, and administers the middle finger accordingly, intermittently, and on general principle. I'm glad I have a brother like him, because he steered me away from road biking which led me to discover the wonderful world of mountain biking...:)

2. christrevi

christrevi New Member

I always say hello. Hi everyone:)

3. berringer

berringer Weekday Rider!

Realtor
    Home Page:
    Typically when riding a mountain bike, mostly in a upright position, I wave at everybody.

Road bikes are more of a lay-down, lean over sport, the focus is more narrow and concentrated toward the front. The tights pants also make you more uptight, making it difficult to lift your arm too wave.

4. Mk3

Mk3 D to the izzope

Commercial HVAC
    Home Page:
    I usually try to be courteous on the trail and greet others, either a wave or nod, whatever I'm in the mood for. But it does get discouraging when the overwhelming response is others ignoring you; or perceived ignoring. If I don't say "hi" back on the trail it's probably because I'm trying to pedal up hill and out of breath.

5. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Folks do we really need a roadie vs mountain biker thread, which this seams to have turned into.

WE ARE ALL THE SAME TRIBE!

Roadie, mountain biker, xc-er, dh-er BMXer, single speed fixie freak, old dude commuter, delivery dude.

WE ARE ALL THE SAME TRIBE AND BETTER THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD BECAUSE WE RIDE BIKES.

The width of our tires and the surface we ride on does not make a difference.

Don't look for reasons to criticize a fellow cyclist.

6. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. X 1,000

7. live_in_hilo@yahoo.com

[email protected] hilo boi

hvac

funny, its kinda like how surfing should all be the same (being that we all ride the same waves) but its not. it seems most sports are segregated in ways.

8. Margaritaman

Margaritaman It's just tequila...

Sales
    And I second that...well, except for some of the groups around Bonelli.

I wave, nod, flip a wave, or flip them off.

I rode Bonelli tonight on my mtb and waved to no one, worst headache ever.

9. SIK SD

SIK SD powered by natural gas

I usually yell Wazzzzz upppp while making farting noises with one hand in my other armpit. This often times evokes a friendly reaction from even the biggest douche bag on road or dirt.

In all seriousness i think if we looked at ourselves in the mirror while under a lot of physical exertion we will find that we don't look very friendly regardless of how we feel inside...this leads me to believe that everyone should just relax and give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

And if that doesn't work just kick them in the nuts. :?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.